LTT Poll. How do YOU watch YouTube?

GlassBomb

My PC is so slow that I can't use anything better than 720p,but I generally use 480p on my second small monitor as anything higher on that monitor makes no difference.

You should watch it at the highest quality your connection can handle, regardless of your screen size. 4k will have less compression meaning that your colours will be more accurate in addition to the increase in quality downsampling will give you.

Internet speed. Or PC speed, which is the limiting factor for me.

I always watch YouTube in 1080p, and this will not change for the coming 3 or 4 or so years, until I get a new phone.

I always watch YouTube on my phone, in bed  B).

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

why so little for 4K?

Because people can't run it?

4K requires tons of bandwidth and since most people have under 15 megabits download speed 4K isn't always feasible.

Let me know if you guys can see the difference and tell which one is the native 4k. 

It depends on the camera too. 4K video on a cellphone isn't going to look as good as 4k from a professional camera.

why so little for 4K?

Because people can't run it?

lol 90% of youtubes videos don't even have 4k. Along with that, the fact that 120Hz is clearly superior for gaming, and that 4K is really expensive helps further justify not getting 4K.

I'm sorry? What? 4K Revolution? Don't care. I don't like standing 2 inches away from my screen to justify my worthless purchase in exchange for my eyesight.

In the day (when my Internet goes to 1Mb/s) 480p, but at night (when it suddenly goes back to 10Mb/s) yeah 1080p/1440p fullscreen/non fullscreen.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

lol 90% of youtubes videos don't even have 4k. Along with that, the fact that 120Hz is clearly superior for gaming, and that 4K is really expensive helps further justify not getting 4K.

I'm sorry? What? 4K Revolution? Don't care, I don't like standing 2 inches away from my screen anyways.

1. This means if the video has all the options

2. You don't need a 4K monitor to run it, it increases the bit rate. Oh dear..

1. This means if the video has all the options

2. You don't need a 4K monitor to run it, it increases the bit rate. Oh dear..

1. I was saying that's a good reason not to buy 4K, because it would be dumb anyways. Couldn't you figure that out from "context clues"?

"120Hz is clearly superior for gaming, and that 4K is really expensive"

Yes, I did just quote myself.

2. I sit far enough from the screen for the difference to be barely noticeable at all.

watch it on 1080p natively on a 1440p monitor using a plugin to disable youtubes downscaling. Internet can't handle 1440p, well bummer. Effectively can't handle 1080p 60Hz which is why I hate it with all my heart. Getting thrown back to 720p is awful... :-/

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

1. I was saying that's a good reason not to buy 4K, because it would be dumb anyways. Couldn't you figure that out from "context clues"?

"120Hz is clearly superior for gaming, and that 4K is really expensive"

Yes, I did just quote myself.

2. I sit far enough from the screen for the difference to be barely noticeable at all.

Sorry, my brain is tired cuz it's nearly 1am

I actually stream most of my youtube viewing to a chromecast, so that would be 1080p

I usually watch in 1440p. My hardware can handle 4K, but my internet can't.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

4K fullscreen. I will watch a vid at 1080P if that is the only resolution available.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.