Dragon Ball Cho/"Super" - Discussion

spyder

Lets get a thread started here about the discussion of the latest Dragon ball series which was released on 05/07/2015 (GMT UK) 

I wanted to wait for the Funimation Dub but got a little impatient so watched the original with sub. 

The first episode seemed casual, more of a comedy based tone till the end where it got mysterious with another planet disappearing according to the supreme kai. I've yet to see the prince of all saiyans mark his entrance into the new series, I am hoping they utilise adult gohan properly unlike in DBGT where he was sidelined, weak and useless (Non canone)

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Thank you so much for telling me of this.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Im not a fan of sub so ill wait for the dub to come out but im positive it will be really good.  

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I loved it, not sure how it fits with battle of the gods movie. We see bills but then again Goku never mentions him which makes me believe that it is before he becomes a SSG. I also want to see how UUB is doing. 

I loved it, not sure how it fits with battle of the gods movie. We see bills but then again Goku never mentions him which makes me believe that it is before he becomes a SSG. I also want to see how UUB is doing. 

It is supposedly after the sequence of that movie including the revival of Frieza which I haven't seen either

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Thank you so much for telling me of this.

Lulzz no problem, forgot to use spoiler tags

Im not a fan of sub so ill wait for the dub to come out but im positive it will be really good.  

I will rewatch it even when the dub comes out. 

I need to watch it tonight.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I need to watch it tonight.

You got enough time to watch it till next sunday when EP 2 comes out. 

I'm just happy they are forgetting about GT. That show was so boring.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I'm just happy they are forgetting about GT. That show was so boring.

Glad it was canone, I much preferred Goku in adult form over kid version. It was more of a comedy over fighting, they especially over used Pan, made Krillin non existent, Gohan? seemed so weak that he needed rescuing from trunks and Goten. The ending was repetitive, compared to that of DBZ spirit bomb killing the protagonist. 

Glad it was canone, I much preferred Goku in adult form over kid version. It was more of a comedy over fighting, they especially over used Pan, made Krillin non existent, Gohan? seemed so weak that he needed rescuing from trunks and Goten. The ending was repetitive, compared to that of DBZ spirit bomb killing the protagonist. 

It was all about Goku. Too much Goku.

It is supposedly after the sequence of that movie including the revival of Frieza which I haven't seen either

Lulzz no problem, forgot to use spoiler tags

I will rewatch it even when the dub comes out. 

Dragon Ball Super takes place 4 months after the Buu Saga and about 4 years before the two movies. The second movie takes place like 2 years after the first movie. They're going to cover the two movies during the series. I would find a link but I'm too lazy.

Dragon Ball Super takes place 4 months after the Buu Saga and about 4 years before the two movies. The second movie takes place like 2 years after the first movie. They're going to cover the two movies during the series. I would find a link but I'm too lazy.

Yeah I just found an article now: http://www.dbzfigures.com/dragon-ball-news/dragon-ball-super-timeline-confirmation-and-reference-to-new-character/  - You're right, its going to be covered within the series. Does that mean SSJ God and the SSJ God V2 (Revival of F) going to be the only transformations? What about SSJ4? Toriyama had drew artwork for that form which was incorporated in DBGT. 

Biased writer of DBGT perhaps, lets hope both Vegeta and Goku are on an equal footing although it seems the latter will somehow triumphant/ be more focussed on. 

Yeah I just found an article now: http://www.dbzfigures.com/dragon-ball-news/dragon-ball-super-timeline-confirmation-and-reference-to-new-character/  - You're right, its going to be covered within the series. Does that mean SSJ God and the SSJ God V2 (Revival of F) going to be the only transformations? What about SSJ4? Toriyama had drew artwork for that form which was incorporated in DBGT. 

Biased writer of DBGT perhaps, lets hope both Vegeta and Goku are on an equal footing although it seems the latter will somehow triumphant/ be more focussed on. 

Honestly, I doubt SSJ4 will be integrated in the series since it was a GT thing. DBGT is more of a parallel universe, imo. It's possible that they'll add it, there aren't that much info right now.

Cause Goku is a carrot farmer!

God I hate the Japanese version of Dragon Ball. Goku's voice makes my ears bleed. I cannot wait for the dub, so much better. haha

Anyways, I watched it as soon as it was subbed and loaded for me. Although I do not like the art direction and how un-DBZ it looks, it felt nice to see Son Goku again after so many years. The adventures we will have again will be fun, I'm sure. :)

As for the movies and the show's timeline; it takes place after Battle of the Gods and Revival of F.

7月放送開始の新シリーズ「ドラゴンボール超」はTVアニメ初の鳥山明オリジナル原案!長い眠りから目覚めた破壊の神ビルスとの出会いや、かつて「宇宙の帝王」と恐れられたフリーザの復活に加え、更なる謎の人物も登場…?(S)

Translation:

The new TV series “Dragon Ball Super” by Akira Toriyama begins in July! After meeting with the God of Destruction; Beerus, who had awakened from his sleep, and after the revival of the dreaded “Emperor of the Universe”; Freeza, a new mysterious person appears …?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why were the movies(Battle of Gods & Resurrection 'F') even made if they were just going to do a retelling of it in the anime...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why were the movies(Battle of Gods & Resurrection 'F') even made if they were just going to do a retelling of it in the anime...

It isn't a retelling, it is events after the movies. A new God of Destruction is abusing his power and destroying worlds too much and too fast without any cause or intent to stop, so Goku and friends have to stop him.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |