Core 3 Duo good?

I'd say the core 2 duo was pretty okay for light gaming though i would probably want to get something better if i wanted to be a bit intensive with it, for browsing and all that then it's definately fine.

Also

Some of you guys can't you see that he's not a native english speaker? so get your head out of your snooty stuck up arses and use your senses, he OBVIOUSLY ment core 2 duo, or just go into your bedroom take a selfie and jack off to to your mr perfect precious little self like all the other "grammar nazi's" do rather than poking fun at him.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Guys, don't be rude to him. He's trying hard to speak English so please don't be rude to him. Anyway, Core 2 Duo is good enough if the games you're playing are not too heavy on the CPU side. Just have at least a GTX 750 or the AMD Counterpart of that kind of video card. There might be a slight bottleneck, but that's okay.

i get 60fps in lol on medium settings with intel hd graphics 4600

That grammar...

Anyway, the Core 3 Duo doesn't exist, I think you're talking about the Core 2 Duo.

He's from China, give him a break dude.

My E8400 was awesome, overclocked to 4.2 like a champ. I had it paired with x-fire 4870s, I donated it to my brother who used it for Ableton without much issues.

The chip might not be any use to you though if you don't have the motherboard for it

I still run Core2 hardware all the time. There's nothing wrong with it.

My QX9650 even runs circles around my 4670k in a lot of older benchmarks which makes me giggle.

Its certainly not "shit" as some have said.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.