Which 980 Ti ?

FineVisionz

Gigabyte because all the G1 gaming cards rock

It also looks best (IMO) With the aluminium accents and the RGB Windforce LED

Id recommend it!

EDIT: But your CPU (FX6300) will bottleneck the card really hard you should consider a cpu/mobo upgrade before thinking about a 980ti;)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

The cheapest non-reference design from a reputable brand. The reason is that they will all be more than enough to cool it well, and overclocking is also pretty similar (as well as largely tied to luck of the draw). Spending much more wouldn't make a lot of sense as you'd gain maybe 5% performance through overclocks for a large price premium.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The three you should really consider are the evga acx, gigabyte windforce, and msi twin frozer. The evga one has by far the best warranty, and is decently quiet. The gigabyte card has an extremely effective cooler, though it is slightly louder. The msi card is very quiet, though doesn't perform quite as well as the windforce card. There is also the evga classified, but it isn't worth the extra cost.

Which ever look the prettiest and whatever brand you have the most respect for.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Gigabyte because all the G1 gaming cards rock

It also looks best (IMO) With the aluminium accents and the RGB Windforce LED

Id recommend it!

EDIT: But your CPU (FX6300) will bottleneck the card really hard you should consider a cpu/mobo upgrade before thinking about a 980ti;)

Yes,  I am planning on getting a i7 4790k before I upgrade my GPU

I have a G1 Gaming 980Ti, however tbh, after seeing recent reviews for the Zotac AMP! Edition I would consider getting that, all reviews I have seen said it is practically silent, and the cooling is more than sufficient, and the backplate is just sexy. 

Everyone hypes up the G1 Gaming card because it has been good for other 900 series cards so they assume it'll be the same for the 980Ti, don't get me wrong it is great, and my card works like a charm, but a lot of people have been complaning about loud fan noise when above 70/80%, large coil whine, and also it is a much higher price premium than the Zotac, and not to mention a couple people including myself and if I remember right even on the LinusTechTips video of it haven't been able to overclock this card to a good potential because every time the core voltage is increased by a little bit it becomes unstable. 

So I would say MSI Twin Frozr if the colours fit for you, if not the Zotac AMP! (Which has a 5 year warranty as well!)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Which 980 Ti should I get and why?

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming. Custom PCB and it runs quiet. Also looks great. Here are some benchmarks. Great card if your going to overclock. Runs cool as well.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-980-ti-g1-gaming-soc-review,1.html

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Yes,  I am planning on getting a i7 4790k before I upgrade my GPU

Yeah that should do it :D

The gigabyte card has an extremely effective cooler, though it is slightly louder

It has got the new "silent" mode so it should be one of the most sufficient and quiet

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

-snape-

Forgot bout that card Its really nice to Its also a very good option

It has got the new "silent" mode so it should be one of the most sufficient and quiet

Well by the nature of it, it will be louder than some other coolers. It has three smaller fans, which can perform better, but will be louder than two smaller fans, assuming they are the same quality. Also, in case you are thinking of saying that you can just turn the fan speed down,  you're wrong. You can turn the fans down and it will be quieter than before, but you need to think of the quality of the fans, and that some will be louder, even at lower RPM. 

I'm a sucker for reference coolers as I love the look.

but as my reference 980ti runs at around 88c constantly underload I need a better cooling solution!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Zotac amp! extreme is very powerfull and cools very good. Its 3 Slot, so it need alot of space.

It has 5 Year warranty, but who use a Card 5 Years..?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm a sucker for reference coolers as I love the look.

but as my reference 980ti runs at around 88c constantly underload I need a better cooling solution!

Have you thought about x31+G10?

I would up getting an ASUS reference 980 ti. Not because I have any attachment to ASUS, but it was a 4th of July deal I couldn't pass up. 600 USD plus free shipping and a year of interest free financing to pay for it.

I was actually looking to see if Fury X's were available when I came across it lol. Sorry AMD.

The reference temps look pretty crazy. I'll play with the fan curve some, but in the end ill either have to just live with 84C or deal with some serious noise.

As for the best non reference, id call it a toss up. I would probably go with a SC ACX 2.0+  as it seems like its a solid mix of decent temps, decent noise level, decent overclocking, decent looks, decent price(for a 980 ti), while not really excelling at anything.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Have you thought about x31+G10?

yeah thats the setup i was going for!! probably pick them up at the weekend.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

yeah thats the setup i was going for!! probably pick them up at the weekend.

nice! pls do a show of your setup post and tag me in it ;)