Most future proofing possible without spending a fortune?

Rainbrew
Go to solution Solved by darkblitzrc,

why not focus on the present rather than worrying about the future?

Technology itself its changin so fast you cant future proof without speending big amounts of money, even then you cant fully future proof a pc. Take for example 10 years ago a build that was 5 grand in todays world is obsolote. That's why you saw 2 years ago 4k monitors were crazy expensive, now they are affordable to game. Rather than braking your head in making a future proof build just make something you can enjoy for the next 3 years, and upgrading is always fun!

Peace.

So I've been looking about the internets in search for a card that will drive most modern titles really well, won't be incredibly expensive, and will be as future proof as possible since I don't plan on upgrading in a long while. I may be horribly wrong but it seems that the r9 390 with it's 8gb of vram, reduced power draw and full dx12 support fits with all of the above. The question is, once drivers won't be crap, is this this a good choice? Also will upgrading my 600w power supply be necessary if I'm currently running a gtx 560 with an i7 2600?

Best solution is just not doing it. r9 390 is not future proof, the 8gb of vram doesn't add much. 600w is enough.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not doing what? Upgrading? I need to anyway, my gtx 560 is incredibly noisy and annoying, my ears bleed whenever I try to play anything.

Not doing what?

not future proofing. for example you now want support for dx12 when you don't even know if it will bring anything good with the first gen card.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Technology itself its changin so fast you cant future proof without speending big amounts of money, even then you cant fully future proof a pc. Take for example 10 years ago a build that was 5 grand in todays world is obsolote. That's why you saw 2 years ago 4k monitors were crazy expensive, now they are affordable to game. Rather than braking your head in making a future proof build just make something you can enjoy for the next 3 years, and upgrading is always fun!

Peace.

Peace.

Touche. Thanks for that :)

Get the best you can get for today's games. The go to resolution in 3 years may be 50K for all we know. Also, you can be dead in 3 years.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900