What is Dreamspark? (Ask me questions.)

connbob

Hi guys, I am gonna do a small Q&A about Dreamspark, since I am a student enrolled on Dreamspark Premium, if you want to ask me anything, just comment.

Anyway, a couple things first, just to explain what it is.

So, Dreamspark is a microsoft "project" of which students and academies ect get free software from microsoft to use as content for learning in the future, normal dreamspark only comes with Server(y) stuff, however, premium comes with alot. This lists some of the stuff enrolled students get. And below includes Premium.

Also, abit about the idiots that get it and sell their licences, the reddit subreddit where people sell windows should not be trusted. Lots of people use dreamspark licences on there, (MISTAKE AHEAD, IT CAN BE REDEEMED FOR 2 YEARS AFTER ORDERING, AND THEN LASTS FOR EVER, HOWEVER, YOU CANNOT ACTIVATE ANOTHER PC AFTER 2 YEARS.) and dreamspark licences expire every 2 years, meaning that you could have a licence that could last 2 years or less.

Be careful when buying licences online.

Anyway, if you want to ask anything, please do :)

Conn

Hi guys, I am gonna do a small Q&A about Dreamspark, since I am a student enrolled on Dreamspark Premium, if you want to ask me anything, just comment.

Anyway, a couple things first, just to explain what it is.

So, Dreamspark is a microsoft "project" of which students and academies ect get free software from microsoft to use as content for learning in the future, normal dreamspark only comes with Server(y) stuff, however, premium comes with alot. This lists some of the stuff enrolled students get. And below includes Premium.

Also, abit about the idiots that get it and sell their licences, the reddit subreddit where people sell windows should not be trusted. Lots of people use dreamspark licences on there, and dreamspark licences expire every 2 years, meaning that you could have a licence that could last 2 years or less.

Be careful when buying licences online.

Anyway, if you want to ask anything, please do :)

Conn

I rather purchased a license from reddit for 10 to 15$

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Why they don't include office in this? This bothers me so much.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Because they need to remove your cash somehow.

I rather purchased a license from reddit for 10 to 15$

Legit? Do you know, I am always sketchy about stuff like that, its a shame some people abuse the Dreamspark program.

They don't? I was able to get Office 2013 for free through Dreamspark

From my experience (I was in dreamspark) the whole you have access to this key for 24 months is how long after you "purchase" it that you can log in and see the key. The keys work like normal keys for me, I'm running a 3 ish year old window 8 pro key.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I think they stopped it when they moved office to a subscription service. You can still get it for free with onedrive space if you are in a participating school but it isn't part of dreamspark.

I am not completely sure how the licencing works, it is strange.

You sure? I doubt it has been in there, Dreamspark is made for keen developers, I doubt word is handy, it includes some servery office things, like Access, but not really word.

A friend of mine has been using a Dreamspark key for much more than 2 years, I think it's permanent.

I think possibly you can leave it activated forever, however, you can not activate it on more PCs after 2 years? The whole licencing is strange on dreamspark.

You do not have an unlimited amount of licence redeems, however, you can activate it alot, not sure on exact numbers.