Is this an okay build?

The CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116940

The Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130845

The GPU: GTX 550ti (aolready got one for free.)

Video Card I'm Keeping in mind if the free GTX 550ti is a bust: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133594

NOTE: Im still picking things out, BUT first I want to find a heatsink that works for these.. are there like specific things to look for when looking for a heatsink for the CPU.. and do heatsinks come with thermal compound or will I have to spring for the minuscule part that ill use about maybe 3 times before I die??

What this build is for: Gaming, multi monitor display, as of right now, only 2, no need to upgrade to 3 until the VGA CRT Monitors are in trash or the grave lol, and yes I do have VGA - DVI adapters... anyways. this build is for gaming, multi monitor display, youtube music/twitch.tv on one screen and gaming on the other screen, so in short.. it needs to be able to at least be fast for the whole speed side .. processing and FPS preferably, id happily drop FPS speed for processing speed right now, but yea.. anyways..

I still need thermal compound, heatsink for the CPU, and a case and power supply, as well as some fans.

id like a case with side panel.. and wire management.. I need it desperately if you saw the inside of this current case O.o .. hmm.. what else, I guess MAYBE noctua fans? besides that if the forum could help me find the parts I listed directly above this finishing statement that would be great, I don't exactly know what id need to look for in thermal compound or heatsink, and .. the case is probably a bit hard too..

1) Please use PCPartPicker.com

2) I wouldn't go X79, I'd go Z97.

3) Both card are very weak for today's standards.

Just tell us your budget.

Sig under construction.

Neither of those GPU's will do much other than very light gaming.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The CPU's okay, I also thought about getting one (because of the 40 PCIe-lanes), but a 650ti for a multi-monitor-setup? i'd buy a newer, better graphics card...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Get an i5 and a good GPU instead of the ancient 550ti. For gaming you wont really benefit from the high end i7

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Please tell us your budget. the cpu is good, but you would be better off with the haswel refresh and a z97 board and judging by the cpu you picked, the graphics cards are abysmal. State your primary use case as well.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Why do people just keep not telling us their budgets, seriously.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That is a very powerful CPU matched with a very weak GPU. Unless you're doing extreme productivity like MASSIVE spreadsheets or tons of video editing, a 4820K is pretty overkill. And a GTX 550 Ti and 650 Ti are both gonna be playing current games at low settings.

If you can give us a total budget along with what parts you already own, people can put together a part list on PCPartPicker.

A more balanced build would be something like an i5-4590, H97 motherboard and R9 380 4GB.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sPfpkL

Pick your own case, storage drives, etc. But this would be a good build for roughly the same price as the i7-4820K, X79 board and GTX 650 Ti... and perform a lot better in games and basically the same for multitasking.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Why do people just keep not telling us their budgets, seriously.

Yeah also what type of monitor and games/programs he is aiming for would make these type of questions so much easier to answer.