Advice/help for a new Mini-ITX

Hey you guys!

My brain is bottlenecking there is to much to think about when building a new computer.

The things i want my computer to be good at is Video edit, some 3D work and gaming.

Case Cubitek mini cube mini-itx or Bitfenix Prodigy mini-itx

CPU Cooler ?

CPU Intel i7 or i5 ? Haswell or older gen?

Graphics Card

GTX 780 not looking at titan anymore

Motherboard Is it better to get a more expensive one or is it ok with a Asus h87i-plus

Power Supply Seasonic g-550w

Memory corsair 8gb ddr3 dominator platinum 1866mhz cl9 (2x4gb) or do i need 16gb?

Fan ?

HDD/SSD that will be no problem to get without help.

Is this going to work?

First build and i don't want to build a bottleneck computer.

Thanks and regards!

What's your budget? Where are you shopping? Link to the site?

Do you need a copy of Windows? Specific peripherals?

It sounds like you should get 16gigs of ram. Don't get platinums. Ram is ram. They don't perform better than any other ram with the same specs that are much cheaper.

The titan is likely overkill unless you're doing some very hefty work.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

550w will not cut it for a Titan, even if it is Seasonic 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

wait for impact, go for bitfenix prodigy(try to get a bigger window for it for the titan or a window on the other side), go for vengance pro ram rather than dominator platinums, use i5 -4670k if ur gaming and i7-4770k if ur going for proper video rendering, get a 600w psu, for a cooler i wuld say custom loop if u culd but if not get a h220, i think the stock fans work just fine on those

What's your budget? Where are you shopping? Link to the site?

Do you need a copy of Windows? Specific peripherals?

It sounds like you should get 16gigs of ram. Don't get platinums. Ram is ram. They don't perform better than any other ram with the same specs that are much cheaper.

The titan is likely overkill unless you're doing some very hefty work.

Around 2400 USD, Im Shopping in Sweden so link to the site would probably be no help, nope do not need windows, peripherals is that like monitor Acer H236HLbmjd (sorry peripherals is a new word for me)

Thanks for the advice on the ram and Titan, hmm but the 780 only have 3gb im looking for 4gb or that does not matter?

Wait for the new Asus Impact motherboard because it uses a z87 chipset instead of h87

Ok thanks man!

A system with a i7-3970x + GTX Titan will draw about 360 Watt from the wall under load!

360Watt from the wall @ an estimated good efficency of 90% is only 324 Watt on the DC side, thats 226 Watt buffer on a 550 Watt PSU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

wait for impact, go for bitfenix prodigy(try to get a bigger window for it for the titan or a window on the other side), go for vengance pro ram rather than dominator platinums, use i5 -4670k if ur gaming and i7-4770k if ur going for proper video rendering, get a 600w psu, for a cooler i wuld say custom loop if u culd but if not get a h220, i think the stock fans work just fine on those

Thanks for the info!

I can't read that BS anymore. People are running titans on 450 Watt psus ....

Please show me a system running a Titan on a 450w psu. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Around 2400 USD, Im Shopping in Sweden so link to the site would probably be no help, nope do not need windows, peripherals is that like monitor Acer H236HLbmjd (sorry peripherals is a new word for me)

Thanks for the advice on the ram and Titan, hmm but the 780 only have 3gb im looking for 4gb or that does not matter?

The site would help. I don't mind going to shops that use different languages since Google Translate deals with most of the labels.

2GB is enough for 1080p. You only really need more if you're playing at a higher resolution or you're pumping out heavy renders.

A system with a i7-3970x + GTX Titan will draw about 360 Watt from the wall under load!

360Watt from the wall @ an estimated good efficency of 90% is only 324 Watt on the DC side, thats 226 Watt buffer on a 550 Watt PSU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not just about watts. The titan requires 38 amps on the 12v rail. 

Hmmm nice

For head of? Wattage can throttle, a Titan can take a lot from the wall under heavy load, then you have to factor in every other component in the build, I would 650 to be the min. 

"GeForce GTX Titan - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit." Taken from the Guru of 3d, it may not be a requirement but call up Nvidia and ask them what wattage they would recommend, I assure you it will be higher than 550w 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I no but im just saying u shuld get a bigger PSU so u can have more headroom, not because the titans power consumption, cause it only 220w and the i7 is 84w, so im not stupid

The site would help. I don't mind going to shops that use different languages since Google Translate deals with most of the labels.

2GB is enough for 1080p. You only really need more if you're playing at a higher resolution or you're pumping out heavy renders.

I was not thinking off Google translate probably this site http://www.proshop.se

Thanks

Please show me a system running a Titan on a 450w psu. 

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039858840&postcount=1867

ehm ... nooo

For head of? Wattage can throttle, a Titan can take a lot from the wall under heavy load, then you have to factor in every other component in the build, I would 650 to be the min. 

"GeForce GTX Titan - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit." Taken from the Guru of 3d, it may not be a requirement but call up Nvidia and ask them what wattage they would recommend, I assure you it will be higher than 550w 

Nvidia probaly tells tou, that you need a 600Watt + PSU. Doesn't make it more true.

You read the article at 3D guru? You saw the max measured power draw at the socket? 372Watt in Full stress! Considering 90% efficency that is 335Watt.

215 Watt headroom ...

Get a high quality PSU and you won't have any problems.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Hmm, the poster of this picture said he'd post up more information of the build but I can't find any :/

I'd go with haswell, you should go with the i7-4770k if you gonna do some video editing and 3D rendering.

The GPU definitely the GTX 780, cause you won't need to spend extra money on a PSU with more watts just to handle a single GPU, also the price difference between both is big but the performance do not for 250 USD price difference.

Also agree with WoodenMaker, Ram is RAM, get a normal kit like Corsair Vengeance Pro and non-pro, G.Skil, Kingston Hyper X.

And the motheboard Asus Mavimus VI Impact, here's a video from Tek Syndicate:

I was not thinking off Google translate probably this site http://www.proshop.se

Thanks

Budget in kr?

I'd go with haswell, you should go with the i7-4770k if you gonna do some video editing and 3D rendering.

The GPU definitely the GTX 780, cause you won't need to spend extra money on a PSU with more watts just to handle a single GPU, also the price difference between both is big but the performance do not for 250 USD price difference.

Also agree with WoodenMaker, Ram is RAM, get a normal kit like Corsair Vengeance Pro and non-pro, G.Skil, Kingston Hyper X.

And the motheboard Asus Mavimus VI Impact, here's a video from Tek Syndicate:

Thanks a lot, its starting to get interesting now!

Budget in kr?

Around 16000 / 17000 kr maby more if i have to.

Don't get the Titan unless you ABSOLUTELY need it. The 780 or maybe even 770 will be perfectly fine. Also, as many people have said before (even though there is a feud about this) if you do need the Titan, get a higher PSU. Even if you think it is overkill, it is very reassuring to have that extra headroom. especially if you plan on overclocking. I have seen people with lower budgets and worse specs get 750w PSUs for that reason. I also recommend fully or semi modular with sleeved cables but that is just me :P

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Don't get the Titan unless you ABSOLUTELY need it. The 780 or maybe even 770 will be perfectly fine. Also, as many people have said before (even though there is a feud about this) if you do need the Titan, get a higher PSU. Even if you think it is overkill, it is very reassuring to have that extra headroom. especially if you plan on overclocking. I have seen people with lower budgets and worse specs get 750w PSUs for that reason. I also recommend fully or semi modular with sleeved cables but that is just me :P

Thanks for the info :)