x4 860k vs G3258?

Thats a really cool story bro, but you are not showing known sites to corroborate what you are saying. There hasnt been any improvement on single thread performance on APUS since ages (since the first APU to the last there must be 10% in TOTAL). But should i trust more to people that makes actual reviews and have both products or to someone who response is "LOL NOPETY NOPE"?. I will leave that to your criteria

Llano was garbage in IPC, Trinity improved it by quite a bit. It's clear that you're just here to hate AMD and their APUs.

"Rawr XD"

Because double of 2.73 is 3.59, and double of 3.96 is 4.02. Good job.

Im going to help you because clearly you have a bit of trouble deducing this by yourself.

Athlon scores 4.02 with 4 cores, roughly 1.2 per core minus the inefficient multiplier ratio that AMD has.

Pentium scores 3.96 with 2 cores, so about 2.0 "             "     the little bit more efficient multiplier ratio that intel has.

There you have basic math, but i guess was a bit too hard for you.

And btw, i dont hate AMD, or APUs. I would actually prefer the 860k unless you are planning on upgrading soon or playing single threaded games like MMO's

I would actually prefer the 860k unless you are planning on upgrading soon or playing single threaded games like MMO's

My first reply to this thread was

860K for AAA gaming

G3258 for single-threaded gaming like MMOs and MOBAs, if you can't afford to just step up to an i3.

idk where you've been reading

"Rawr XD"

With prices in the USA, the i5 4440 + H81/B85 (USB 3.0) is $230.  Damn fine deal to have access to every single game on the market.... the way it's meant to be played.