New Power Supply

I have a Intel Core i7 4790k, 1 Hard Drive 1 TB, a r9 280 gigabyte windforce, is a 500w corsair power supply enough?? Dont have a big budget and i live in canada.

I have a Intel Core i7 4790k, 1 Hard Drive 1 TB, a r9 280 gigabyte windforce, is a 500w corsair power supply enough?? Dont have a big budget and i live in canada.

It's might be a bit tight under full load, but in most cases a 500w will be enough. Let me guess, is it the CX500?

Yeah CX 500

You will be fine as long as you don't overclock.

You could spend about $20-$30 more to get a 600W/750W PSU. Then you could overclock.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I only needed a 430w PSU. 

How is the

Thermaltake TR2 600-Watt power supply, whats the difference bwtween modular and atx??

How is the

Thermaltake TR2 600-Watt power supply, whats the difference bwtween modular and atx??

It's fine. The ATX is the standard size that fits in most desktop computers. Modular means that not all the wires are pre connected to your power supply. You have to plug them in yourself., which is very easy to do. You only connect the wires you need. This helps create space for air flow. Modular is considered better, but there is very little difference between the actual product itself.

How is the

Don't go with the TR2 they are very low quality, get a Thermaltake Smart series PSU if you want to keep it cheap. Here is a PSU tier list to help with your PSU choice: http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg