high ram usage

Tac127

should i be using 57% of my 4 gigs of ram at idle and as a note for some reason my cpu usage spiked momentarily on all four cores (or threads i'm not sure if i have hyperthreading) to 100% when i opened chrome when it normally stays in between 0% and 14% with on idle or once chrome has finished opening i have no viruses i far as i can tell (i use norton) my specs are:

core i3 @3.3 gigahertz ( two or four cores)

4gb of hynix generic ram (1 dimm)

evga gtx 750 ti superclocked (overclocked by around 80 mhz on both gpu and vram but present at stock)

edit: I also get a cpu usage spike when i reload the webpage 

2GB usage is normal. Occasional spikes in cpu usage is normal as some program checks for update or similar.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

My ram usage is around 2.7GB with chrome open, so that sounds about right...

Generally windows should be more conservative with ram if you dont have that much, so it does seem a tad high

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

i idle at 4.3-4.5 GBs.....

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

My ram usage is around 2.7GB with chrome open, so that sounds about right...

Generally windows should be more conservative with ram if you dont have that much, so it does seem a tad high

but why

but why

Which version of windows are you running, Windows 8 task manager is really good at showing you what is using resources. 64Bit Windows 8.1 has 2GB of RAM as minimum spec because that's how big the OS is, it won't run properly with less.

Also there is a know issue with Chrome under investigation where it uses excessive amounts of RAM when idle.

Being that ANAL about watching your CPU usage in normal operations is asking for trouble, it WILL see 100% usage spikes and random jumps time to time when doing random things...

It's like how over-analyzing can be more frustrating for you than actually enjoying your performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Which version of windows are you running, Windows 8 task manager is really good at showing you what is using resources. 64Bit Windows 8.1 has 2GB of RAM as minimum spec because that's how big the OS is, it won't run properly with less.

Also there is a know issue with Chrome under investigation where it uses excessive amounts of RAM when idle.

i use windows 7 home premium 64 bit and yeah i have noticed the issue with chrome at idle but i normally just end the program any ETA of a fix for the issue

i use windows 7 home premium 64 bit and yeah i have noticed the issue with chrome at idle but i normally just end the program any ETA of a fix for the issue

Not sure yet, people have been complaining on the Chrome support forums for month and they only admitted it was a recognised issue a few weeks ago, fingers crossed though.