Logitech ue6000 vs. Audio Technica ATH M50x

yangster1997

I just saw the new deal for these headphones with the velour pads also being on sale. I am tempted to buy them but I already have had my logitech ue6000 for now 2 years. Which work fine and look great but I always hear how great those headphones are and I'm wondering if I should get them too now. Let me know guys is it worth it or nah? Thanks guys!

If you want a pair of legendary Studio Monitor Headphones, I'd say go for it. Expect a flat response out of them, though. (This is a subjective good / bad thing.) I think they're a very nice-looking pair of cans, and have wanted a pair for my setup for a long time now. I don't know how good the UE6000's are though, so I can't really comment on that. 

I have the UE6000s myself, and I can say that after switchig to D990's (for home use), I find the UE6000s incredibly small/uncomfortable around the ears....so 

The one thing that's nice about the UE6000s is that they have a pretty pronounced bass -- which is why I liked them, and why I opt'd for them over the M50's two years ago (although, for the record, I have never tried the M50/s/x).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I wouldn't bother.

It would be a side-grade at best.

In terms of sound yes, but in terms of comfort, I believe the M50s are a lot more comfortable (/not as small around the ears?)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

In terms of sound yes, but in terms of comfort, I believe the M50s are a lot more comfortable (/not as small around the ears?)

If ear comfort is the issue, there are headphones I would recommend before the M50X

Legendary studio monitors is a big description from someone who don't have them...

The m50x aren't a very comfortable headphone, they got good short term comfort but they're cups are fairly shallow and sweat like a b**** outside.

I haven't tried the ue6000 but I can tell you the m50x are just not a very good value where the m40x are just 100$ and are just slightly less bassy.