First Patch for Arkham Knight released

asim1999

Make the game for the PC first and then port to consoles sound a lot more reasonable. But who am I kidding? This word is not in any company's dictionary...

A company would rather do what's more financially wise, and spending the majority of the budget on PC is... Not that.

PC gaming is the minority in the majority of situations. The only people I know that play these games are console gamers.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

A company would rather do what's more financially wise, and spending the majority of the budget on PC is... Not that.

PC gaming is the minority in the majority of situations. The only people I know that play these games are console gamers.

Oh yeah ofc PC gamers are the minority... Cause Valve has not made a butt ton of money from CS:GO or DOTA or L4D or Riot hasn't made money from LoL, or DICE hasn't cashed in a shitload of money from BF games on PC. There are a lot more people on PC. It is just a matter of the developer willing to make a well optimized game. Also optimized does not only mean that it makes use of hardware at its fullest, since that rarely ever happens, it also means it can run well on low-end PCs (low settings are actually low) and also provide high-end PCs the demanding graphics options.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Oh yeah ofc PC gamers are the minority... Cause Valve has not made a butt ton of money from CS:GO or DOTA or L4D or Riot hasn't made money from LoL, or DICE hasn't cashed in a shitload of money from BF games on PC.

This isn't a new Counter Strike, DOTA 3, L4D3, or F2P MMORPG. Batman games score shitloads of sales on consoles and fairly few on PC, the PS4 so far accounts for two thirds of the sales of Arkham Knight.

This isn't a new Counter Strike, DOTA 3, L4D3, or F2P MMORPG. Batman games score shitloads of sales on consoles and fairly few on PC, the PS4 so far accounts for two thirds of the sales of Arkham Knight.

Yeah but the reason is that they do not do the PC version right. If they did, then it would sell well.

Yeah but the reason is that they do not do the PC version right. If they did, then it would sell well.

If they can port it so well that it runs just as well on Intel HD 4000 graphics as it does on an Xbox One, then yes, it will be fairly successful, probably as successful as CS:GO and games of the like.

Otherwise nope.

There is a world of difference between selling well and selling enough to actually matter more. The PC game market is big enough to pay attention to but most of the money for these kinds of games are made on consoles. That isn't going to change. Witcher 3 sold 4 million copies in two weeks. 1.3 million were PC. Well over double sold on consoles, for a franchise that is considered one of the big PC games. 1.3 million in two weeks is amazing on the PC, but on consoles it's fairly average for big AAA releases.

its-about-time.jpg

I guess you could say Batman: Arkham Knight was ROCKSTEADY HAHAHA stfu

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Once they sort out SLI I will be happy .

Good for you but many people do not run SLI systems.  This game was a horrible pc port at release and for them to have stopped selling it at a certain point says enough.  Yes I hope they fix SLI for this game for the people that have SLI but this also should run better on single card pcs too.

the PS4 so far accounts for two thirds of the sales of Arkham Knight.

Hmmm I wonder why.

If they can port it so well that it runs just as well on Intel HD 4000 graphics as it does on an Xbox One, then yes, it will be fairly successful, probably as successful as CS:GO and games of the like.

Otherwise nope.

Never said that. But they can make low settings low enough to be playable on HD 4000 and ultra to be requiring like a 980 to run at decent framerate.

There is a world of difference between selling well and selling enough to actually matter more. The PC game market is big enough to pay attention to but most of the money for these kinds of games are made on consoles. That isn't going to change. Witcher 3 sold 4 million copies in two weeks. 1.3 million were PC. Well over double sold on consoles, for a franchise that is considered one of the big PC games. 1.3 million in two weeks is amazing on the PC, but on consoles it's fairly average for big AAA releases.

4 / 3 (# of platforms the game was released on) = ~ 1.33. So PC has 1/3 of the game's sales. Think about what you said again.

One thing is for sure: youtubers that do glitch videos are having a field day with Arkham Knight.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Tl;dr, is this game playable yet? I was waiting for it to be stable. Is it enough to play yet?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM