Need Some Help Selecting Water Loop Parts

I plan to water cool in the future (quite a while from now) but am a complete newb at water cooling and need help choosing parts. 

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFQFnQ

Feel free to make any changes to my build

I want to cool the CPU and the GPU, preferabley full cover for the GPU. It needs to fit with a white and black build, please link the ACTUAL part and not tell me brand (*cough* EK *cough*) so I can put them all into a word doc and evaluate prices. I want to keep it as cheap as possible, but I'm sure that's still a lot of money.

As far as I know right now I need:

Liquid (dyed distilled water)

Pump (I don't know ANY brands)

blocks

Tubing

Fittings

Resovoir

Please list all parts I'd need.

Thank you all for your consideration 

~Rex

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Liquid: I'd go for a pre mixed coolant. That way you don't have to add anti algae treatment. Mayhems has the best range. 

Pump: Laing D5 Vario. Only pump you'll ever need. Different brands (EK, Bitspower, etc. have their own version with different tops, but they're all the same internally. 

CPU Block: EK Supremacy EVO

VGA Block: EK FC R9 290X (It will fit on your card. I can't find it in stock though)

Tubing: PrimoChill 13mm/19mm

Fittings: Any compressions will do. Look through the list to find which ones you like. Make sure they are for 13mm(1/2 Inch) ID and 19mm(3/4 Inch) OD tubing. 

Reservoir: EK Pump/Res combo. Keeps building easier

Liquid: I'd go for a pre mixed coolant. That way you don't have to add anti algae treatment. Mayhems has the best range. 

Pump: Laing D5 Vario. Only pump you'll ever need. Different brands (EK, Bitspower, etc. have their own version with different tops, but they're all the same internally. 

CPU Block: EK Supremacy EVO

VGA Block: EK FC R9 290X (It will fit on your card. I can't find it in stock though)

Tubing: PrimoChill 13mm/19mm

Fittings: Any compressions will do. Look through the list to find which ones you like. Make sure they are for 13mm(1/2 Inch) ID and 19mm(3/4 Inch) OD tubing. 

Reservoir: EK Pump/Res combo. Keeps building easier

Thank you!

How many fittings do I need? And how much tubing comes with that order? Do I need 2 packs?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Thank you!

How many fittings do I need? And how much tubing comes with that order? Do I need 2 packs?

You need two fittings for each component. 

But as the pump/res is a combo, you can use less. Bear in mind you will need radiators. I didn't include them as the setup of them is more of a personal choice. EK's PE series are what I use. They're nice and low FPI (easy to move air through). I'd say 2x 240mm is the minimum that you'll want. 

So, if we assume you have 2 radiators, then you'll need 10 fittings. Although, it's a good idea to buy one or two extra, either as spares, or so you can use them to attach a tube to the top of the res to fill it up. 

There's 3M of tubing there, it will be more than enough, especially if you keep your runs short. I used around 1M for my build, just as reference. 

Also, I'd advise getting 2L of coolant. You may need more than 1L to fill the loop completely, and if not, it's a good idea to have some left so you can top it up as air bubbles work their way out. 

You need two fittings for each component. 

But as the pump/res is a combo, you can use less. Bear in mind you will need radiators. I didn't include them as the setup of them is more of a personal choice. EK's PE series are what I use. They're nice and low FPI (easy to move air through). I'd say 2x 240mm is the minimum that you'll want. 

So, if we assume you have 2 radiators, then you'll need 10 fittings. Although, it's a good idea to buy one or two extra, either as spares, or so you can use them to attach a tube to the top of the res to fill it up. 

There's 3M of tubing there, it will be more than enough, especially if you keep your runs short. I used around 1M for my build, just as reference. 

Also, I'd advise getting 2L of coolant. You may need more than 1L to fill the loop completely, and if not, it's a good idea to have some left so you can top it up as air bubbles work their way out. 

1.I'd much prefer to just put white dye and anti algae stuff in distilled water. It would save me some money too. Would that be alright?

2.What about drainage?

3.Where would be the best place to mount the rads in an Enthoo Pro?

4. Do I need fans for my rads? (Stupid question I know)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

snip

What's so bad about this rad? It's 240mm right? it looks pretty alright and would be MUCH cheaper than the two EK ones. I'll get two of course.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_297_922&products_id=18731

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

1.I'd much prefer to just put white dye and anti algae stuff in distilled water. It would save me some money too. Would that be alright?

2.What about drainage?

3.Where would be the best place to mount the rads in an Enthoo Pro?

4. Do I need fans for my rads? (Stupid question I know)

1. If you want to, yeah, it's fine. 

2. Drainage fittings are expensive and ugly IMO. If you mount the res so there's space under it, then putting a container under there and loads of paper towels makes it fairly easy to drain. 

3. Depends on which size you go for. The Enthoo Pro has loads of room, so you can mount them in a load of different places. Possibly have a 360mm (if it fits) in the top as an exhaust, with a 240 or 360 (again, if it will fit) in the front as a filtered intake. 

4. Technically, no. You can run them without fans if you have a large enough rad surface area, but it will get hot under load. I'd go for some quiet fans like the NB BlackSilent Pros for the radiators. They look nice, perform well, make little noise and are relatively inexpensive. 

What's so bad about this rad? It's 240mm right? it looks pretty alright and would be MUCH cheaper than the two EK ones. I'll get two of course.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_297_922&products_id=18731

It's not a bad radiator, just not as well built. XSPC has some fairly good budget stuff. If you're going for those, it would be worth jumping it up to 1x 360mm rad and 1x 240mm. 

Snip

If I go with the XSPC rads no matter what size I get it's cheaper than the 240 EK ones. Here is the enthoo pro rad support:

post-202645-0-80901600-1435493233_thumb.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

If I go with the XSPC rads no matter what size I get it's cheaper than the 240 EK ones. Here is the enthoo pro rad support:

attachicon.gifRad Support.png

In that case (hahaha), I'd put a 360 rad in the top as exhaust and a 240 in the front as intake. Have the rear fan as intake(or exhaust, I personally prefer it as intake) and possibly another intake on the bottom of the case. 

In that case (hahaha), I'd put a 360 rad in the top as exhaust and a 240 in the front as intake. Have the rear fan as intake(or exhaust, I personally prefer it as intake) and possibly another intake on the bottom of the case. 

I can always go with 2 360mm rads. It's still cheaper than the EK ones.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I can always go with 2 360mm rads. It's still cheaper than the EK ones.

You'll get to a point of diminishing returns, where adding more radiators won't improve performance. However, you can run the fans slower if you have more rad space. 

You'll get to a point of diminishing returns, where adding more radiators won't improve performance. However, you can run the fans slower if you have more rad space. 

I think I'll just stick with 1X240 and 1X360 and use the save money to buy fans, what ones are good for static pressure and cheap?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I think I'll just stick with 1X240 and 1X360 and use the save money to buy fans, what ones are good for static pressure and cheap?

NB BlackSilent Pros would be my choice. Not the best for static pressure, but they're quiet and perform well alround. 

NB BlackSilent Pros would be my choice. Not the best for static pressure, but they're quiet and perform well alround. 

I can only find them in 140mm, are they available in 120mm?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I can only find them in 140mm, are they available in 120mm?

Yes. Where are you located? I can try find them in your country. 

Yes. Where are you located? I can try find them in your country. 

Australia, I would like everything to be from PCCG like you originally chose.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Australia, I would like everything to be from PCCG like you originally chose.

Oop, brain fart. Forgot I got the links for you, thought it was a different thread xD 

Can't seem to find them in Australia. The one you'd be looking for is the PL-2. 

I'll have a look on PC Case Gear for other good fans. 

Oop, brain fart. Forgot I got the links for you, thought it was a different thread xD 

Can't seem to find them in Australia. The one you'd be looking for is the PL-2. 

I'll have a look on PC Case Gear for other good fans. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

@REX.exe Found the EK Vardar fans. They're decently priced, and are very good on radiators. http://search.pccasegear.com/search#w=ek%20vardar&asug=

I'd either go for the F1 or F2 version. 

Picked the F1s

So, is this what my whole thing should look like? is there anything I can change to make it cheaper??

post-202645-0-25477700-1435497711_thumb.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Picked the F1s

So, is this what my whole thing should look like? is there anything I can change to make it cheaper??

attachicon.gifGG.png

You could change out the CPU block to another brand, but to be honest, it will last a long time, so you may as well get a good quality one now that can be used again in the future.