Upgrading my Gpu to CF r9 270.will this PSU work?

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

That Seasonic S12 620W is a super good PSU. Get that.

Hey guys, As the title says.. Need help on PSU... i Currently Have a Zalman 600gt 600w Psu.. i just bought it few days ago without thinking that it would be sufficient to run a Crossfire r9 270/270x.. any Tips on the PSU.. I've read some threads already regarding this issue.. it seems that in order to run a xfx r9 270/270x needs at least 700w+ on Psu. i still can send it for replacement for other PSU's

any tips guys? someone said to me that 650w is already enough?
are these Psu good enough? Thanks in Advance guys.. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153153

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153153

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104165

My current specs are: 
CPU : A8-6600k Richland OC @ 4.2ghz
Ram : 8gb Hyperx 1600 oc @ 1866 Single channel
Cpu Cooler: Stock 
Psu : Zalman ZM 600gt 600w
Mobo : Gigabyte(Forgot about the model)
Case : None
SSD/HDD : 1 120gb SSD, 1tb HDD and 1 500gb HDD.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

well im planning to upgrade my CPU in the future.. so thats why im trying to invest on a good Psu. 

Why are you wanting to crossfire 270X's???

im really on a tight budget thats why :'c

sadly i nowhere near US..so i only linked the Details on the PSU i can get.. so i can only replace the current Zalman PSu i got with the Current 3 url's that i linked above..so does any of them good enough for the job?

Diminishing returns with that CPU, not really a wise investment.

well im planning to upgrade my cpu in the near future.

well im planning to upgrade my CPU in the future.. so thats why im trying to invest on a good Psu. 

im really on a tight budget thats why :'c

well im planning to upgrade my cpu in the near future.

If you're on a tight budget, especially don't crossfire 270's. Save up for an i3/i5.

sadly i nowhere near US..so i only linked the Details on the PSU i can get.. so i can only replace the current Zalman PSu i got with the Current 3 url's that i linked above..so does any of them good enough for the job?

Where do you live? Hate to say it but all 3 of those PSUs suck...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Where do you live? Hate to say it but all 3 of those PSUs suck...

well i live in the PH.. plus i can only replace the Current PSU i have which i have bought at a certain retailer near at my place.. so the choices i have is rather limited..

well i live in the PH.. plus i can only replace the Current PSU i have which i have bought at a certain retailer near at my place.. so the choices i have is rather limited..

Well I truly hate to say it but those 2 (I know you linked 3 but two were the same) PSUs you linked were really all terrible, especially in crossload tests. I would avoid them Can you not buy from any other stores?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well I truly hate to say it but those 2 (I know you linked 3 but two were the same) PSUs you linked were really all terrible, especially in crossload tests. I would avoid them Can you not buy from any other stores?

thanks for keeping up with me mate..sadly..i can only replace the current psu i have.with their current variety of psu on their list..  they do have a bunch but..some of them are out of my price range .

yea i just notice that two of the url's that i linked was just the same..my bad 

thanks..ill try and get that.. just getting back to the main Question mate.. so what if i stay and use my current psu and do a crossfire ..i will be having some unexpective shutdowns right? so does that mean that, the psu i currently have doesnt have a  600w continuous wattage?

im not saying im going to use that psu anymore..going to send it for replacement..just saying though..

thanks..ill try and get that.. just getting back to the main Question mate.. so what if i stay and use my current psu and do a crossfire ..i will be having some unexpective shutdowns right? so does that mean that, the psu i currently have doesnt have a  600w continuous wattage?

im not saying im going to use that psu anymore..going to send it for replacement..just saying though..

I think 600W is cutting it extra close when your PC is under load. I think it'll boot fine but start gaming and it might be sketchy. If getting that Seasonic I would recommend saving up for a more power-efficient system than what two AMD GPUs will offer. I would first start with your CPU though, the A8 is definitely a performance bottleneck to two GPUs of nearly any sort.

I think 600W is cutting it extra close when your PC is under load. I think it'll boot fine but start gaming and it might be sketchy. If getting that Seasonic I would recommend saving up for a more power-efficient system than what two AMD GPUs will offer. I would first start with your CPU though, the A8 is definitely a performance bottleneck to two GPUs of nearly any sort.

so Lets Say.. i upgrade my cpu to an i5 or fx 8350..? will that psu stay to hold its ground? "Most efficient-system"? getting a single powerful gpu card than a sli/crossfire one?

so Lets Say.. i upgrade my cpu to an i5 or fx 8350..? will that psu stay to hold its ground? "Most efficient-system"? getting a single powerful gpu card than a sli/crossfire one?

I would recommend an i5 4460 and a GTX 970. An AMD FX-series is not a good CPU for the money to be gaming on.

I would recommend an i5 4460 and a GTX 970. An AMD FX-series is not a good CPU for the money to be gaming on.

lets say that i did go with that build.. will the seasonic more than enough to be able to handle a SLI on that GPU? even when both are Oc'ed?

lets say that i did go with that build.. will the seasonic more than enough to be able to handle a SLI on that GPU? even when both are Oc'ed?

Two 970s would need more than 620W under load realistically. A good-quality 750W can handle two 970s and an i5 just fine.

I see..Thanks for help mate..i think most of my questions are answered.. So getting the Seasonic for now is the best choice i have.