Prometheus: CAD/workstation/gaming

graw1187

sorry i didn't meet your standards. Decent build though IMO. lul sorry my friend failed to see the benefits of the titan. I complete agree though that a titan or x79 platform would have worked. 

It's a very good build but I was just expecting something different. That's all.

i didn't do that when you mentioned it but thats a good idea.

Sure. And to show how much I don't care about the rating system or the REP system, I'm gonna give you 5 stars and a like. :)

a titan is for bragging rights  seeing that the performance is similar and the price is significantly more.

for gaming, yes, but for rendering, the titan has the best double precision hands down on a consumer gpu. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

build looks sweet. nice job

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

looks very clean but why an AX1200 a 750w platinum PSU would way more that enough OC included??? or do u plain adding sli in there???

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Give him a break he has built it, he is obviously happy with it, and as he said 'light cadd' so a 780 is perfect.

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Give him a break he has built it, he is obviously happy with it, and as he said 'light cadd' so a 780 is perfect.

exactly.

Looks good. I think the 1200watt is a bit overkill though.

just some head room for future upgrades

LOVE the case

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I don't get why everyone gets so butt-hurt over a titan and x79.. What the differences? jeez its his money, his decision.

Great build !

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

wooo, can you upload a full frame image of this beautiful magicianaryness? id like to soak up all of its glory

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro