Monotone NZXT H440 Build Log

Superheroguy89

Hey Everyone,

For a while I have been into PC gaming, though my system could barely keep a constant 60 fps in games like minecraft even on the lowest settings. I decided that it was time for a change so here are the parts that I have chosen for this build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.00 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($131.65 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1201.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-27 16:50 EDT-0400

I went for a black and white color scheme because I enjoyed the classic yet industrial look of the black next to the white.

Finally all the parts arrived (accept for the GPU and RAM, as I got those later that night for my birthday :D)

7BceWot.jpg

The case is apart, The CPU is in the Motherboard, now I just need to find out how to attach this CPU Fan.
jeevtbg.jpg

She Boots up!
8t2nwHn.jpg

GPU is put in the next day after the longest day of school I have ever had.
XRqB4wW.jpg

The Glorious before and after photos
pxyuEZ9.jpg

Many of you may have noticed that the GPU is red and black when I said that I was going for an all monotone color scheme. This will soon be fixed as I am spray painting the red part tonight so follow to see that.

Thanks Guys

Is a new monitor just on your list? Nice build also :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Is a new monitor just on your list? Nice build also :)

Kinda, that monitor is one of the old ones that I just brought to my basement to make sure it worked before I brought it up to my desk so I wouldn't have to work on it up there.

Here is a picture of my full setup, sorry for the mess.

OPZanFG.jpg

The monitors are 2 23 inch monitors from HP, and I am ordering a third for surround gaming!

Thanks

With new monitor this build will look even more sexy :)

Edit: actaully after i see the last picture you post its not that bad :D 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

• 1 month later...

Nice build, love NZXT cases. Looking real good.

If you're ordering a third monitor for gaming, depending on what types of games you're wanting to play, the 970 will struggle with graphic intensive games running a triple monitor setup.

Games like minecraft, all the rest are fine. Less graphic intensive titles will be fine. Though the lastest AAA titles, you're fps will drop to a noticeable level where it might start to stutter with 3 monitors. One monitor you're golden. 2 monitors, you'd have smooth play, 3 and it'll become noticeable. I think BF4 with a 970 was benched at an average of 30fps with triple monitors. Which doesn't take into account the lows. An the lows is to a certain extent what can ruin gameplay. BF4 came out late 2013, so you can kind of get a picture of what you'll be able to play triple monitor smoothly or not. If you ever get the chance to slap in another 970 in sli though, you'd be set. 

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Nice build, love NZXT cases. Looking real good.

If you're ordering a third monitor for gaming, depending on what types of games you're wanting to play, the 970 will struggle with graphic intensive games running a triple monitor setup.

Games like minecraft, all the rest are fine. Less graphic intensive titles will be fine. Though the lastest AAA titles, you're fps will drop to a noticeable level where it might start to stutter with 3 monitors. One monitor you're golden. 2 monitors, you'd have smooth play, 3 and it'll become noticeable. I think BF4 with a 970 was benched at an average of 30fps with triple monitors. Which doesn't take into account the lows. An the lows is to a certain extent what can ruin gameplay. BF4 came out late 2013, so you can kind of get a picture of what you'll be able to play triple monitor smoothly or not. If you ever get the chance to slap in another 970 in sli though, you'd be set. 

Thanks for the tips. I am thinking of grabbing another 970 (or selling the first and getting a 980ti) in the future. Luckily, and unluckily for me my parents won't let me play most AAA titles as they are mostly violent, so until I can grab one of those, I should be pretty good.

Update #1

Soon after getting it all together, I took it back apart and painted the GTX 970 White.

gMnrIEJ.jpg4mempwz.jpgAQcpCkv.jpgG4HGQl0.jpg6jmysiq.jpg

If anyone is thinking of doing this to their MSI GTX 970, MSG or reply and I can help you out.

• 7 months later...

Sooo... is it too late for you to explain how you painted it?