Building my first PC and when I start the PC nothing shows up on the monitor

DvDGamer

So I'm building my first PC and after  connecting all the cables from de PSU to the mobo and the graphis card, when start up the computer, for some odd reason the monitor doen't show anything.

I have a z97 k mobo, an intel g3258, a corsair CX430, and a R7 260x

Please teel me what is going on :(

How is the monitor connected? What board do you have? GPU? Any specs at all? Take a picture of the inside of the PC so we can see if any cables are missing.

We need more, or any information to help you. 

So I'm building my first PC and after  connecting all the cables from de PSU to the mobo and the graphis card, when start up the computer, for some odd reason the monitor doen't show anything.

What are the specs of the build. Is the monitor plugged into the correct output (the gpu if you have one), are you using an igpu/apu or is it an actual cpu. also please follow your own thread.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

what kind of ram are you using?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1. do you have a post code (beep noise) when you try and power on

2. is the PSU power switch on

3. check the power/reset connectors

4. check to make sure the GPU/memory are seating in their sockets correctly (and are in the correct socket/slots)

5. make sure any drives you have are connected

6. make sure monitor is connected to the GPU output

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

The graphics card is connected to a via HDMI to the monitor and I don't even hear the beep when I start the PC

1. do you have a post code (beep noise) when you try and power on

2. is the PSU power switch on

3. check the power/reset connectors

4. check to make sure the GPU/memory are seating in their sockets correctly (and are in the correct socket/slots)

5. make sure any drives you have are connected

6. make sure monitor is connected to the GPU output

The graphics card is connected to a via HDMI to the monitor and I don't even hear the beep when I start the PC and yes, I have the speaker connected to its respective pin

The graphics card is connected to a via HDMI to the monitor and I don't even hear the beep when I start the PC and yes, I have the speaker connected to its respective pin

Are you sure you plugged it into the gpu and not the motherboard?

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

Bios supports that CPU?

It's not a race to the bottom.

Try using the VGA connector connected to your graphics card instead of the HDMI... I had the same problem when I first built mine because I used HDMI instead of VGA. Once the PC starts and is working, you can change settings in windows.