EKWB Water block for Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming

Good question, I didn't see the prototype of the block so I can't tell you.  

But if there isn't anything to cool at the far right edge of the card, don't expect the plexi block to extend fully on it.

If it dont end up that way, so can I always go with the Acetal one.

It would match better with plexi, but I will rather have a cleaner look then a 100% matching look.

Its dual loop anyway, so it can look just as good with 2 different type of blocks.

If it dont end up that way, so can I always go with the Acetal one.

It would match better with plexi, but I will rather have a cleaner look then a 100% matching look.

Its dual loop anyway, so it can look just as good with 2 different type of blocks.

The Acetal version will most likely extend fully  ;)

Good question, I didn't see the prototype of the block so I can't tell you.  

But if there isn't anything to cool at the far right edge of the card, don't expect the plexi block to extend fully on it.

The white square are more or less garantied, do the the screwholes, so guess it only mather wheter or not the stuff in the red square needs cooling:

front.jpg

The white square are more or less garantied, do the the screwholes, so guess it only mather wheter or not the stuff in the red square needs cooling:

front.jpg

Sorry I don't see your picture

If you're like me and just wanna have the bragging rights of the FASTEST 980 Ti on the market today.

You should probably have gone for the zotac Amp Extreme if you wanted the fastest 980TI on the market.

With zotac having the fastest card on the market I'm really hoping EK will see sense and make a block for it.I'd love to get both of mine under water eventually.

You should probably have gone for the zotac Amp Extreme if you wanted the fastest 980TI on the market.

With zotac having the fastest card on the market I'm really hoping EK will see sense and make a block for it.I'd love to get both of mine under water eventually.

I don't think Zotac have ever approached us to make a block for their non-reference boards

I don't think Zotac have ever approached us to make a block for their non-reference boards

I just wanted to say that it's really awesome to see a company that cares so much about their customers and giving the best products! Kudos to you!

that's a shame, why don't you approach them? I think the rate at which the amp extreme is becoming known as the fastest 980TI available would mean a lot of waterblocks sold. Youve got an order for a complete system and 2 blocks right here.

Fair enough, but I think when I posted that the Amp Extreme hadn't yet hit the shelves.

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

that's a shame, why don't you approach them? I think the rate at which the amp extreme is becoming known as the fastest 980TI available would mean a lot of waterblocks sold. Youve got an order for a complete system and 2 blocks right here.

Given that there ArcticStorm version has a water block, so do I guess they have a deal with someone already.

Thought I should mention that I got the reference card last week and the water block just arrived today.

I haven't compared my card with others, so I don't know how impressive of an overclocker it is, but I'm currently running at +200 Mhz Core, +200 Mhz Memory, +20mV and 110% power and last I checked, it got 4574 on Fire Strike Ultra. It runs at a stable 1377 Mhz when under load.

I haven't experimented with higher clocks and voltages, so I don't know how much further I can take the overclock.

Anyway I'm pretty impressed with the performance of the 980 Ti. I'm now getting well over 60 FPS at 1440p in most games, which my 980 couldn't achieve. So I guess I'm satisfied with a reference card even though I might have preferred the Gigabyte version.

• 1 month later...

Any news on the gigabyte 980ti block yet?

Thanks

Thanks

No recent news but it's still in the works

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Just to let you know that the blocks are currently mass produced and "should" be available next week if all goes well.

Just to let you know that the blocks are currently mass produced and "should" be available next week if all goes well.

Any chance of a sneak peak?

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Any chance of a sneak peak?

Unfortunately no.  I didn't even saw it myself ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add my few cents. I own two reference 980ti's and they are watercooled with EK blocks. Both GPUs have ~75% ASIC quality. I managed to overclock both to stable 1500MHz with (IIRC) 15mV on both cores. They stay dead stable and very cool, even the VRMs. Get reference cards, the premium isn't worth it if you watercool.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/