Earbuds

xIHexIx
Go to solution Solved by eoso,

I'd personally prefer the m9p, but the m6p is still a good buy.

Can anybody recommend a good pair of ear-bud style headphones with in-line mic for under or just above $50? I got a laptop for college use next month, and it's audio port is a combined headphone/mic port. The laptop has a built in mic, but I'd prefer to avoid using it if possible. I'd like them to be comfortable for use for an hour or two at a time at least. I'm not really that big into audio stuff, so I know I'll get more help here than trying to look on my own. Thanks everybody!

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

I recently got the MEElectronics M9 and they are pretty good for 30$ but they don't have a inline mic.

I recently got the MEElectronics M9 and they are pretty good for 30$ but they don't have a inline mic.

most models have a version with an inline mic.

I've had good experiences with Meelec in the past.(cc51p review in the faq)

others will probably come in with the klipsch s4i, but I haven't tried them.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

You should get a wireless earbuds with mic, charge when you dont use it or awhile your using your laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/ALP-Audio-Wireless-Bluetooth-Earbuds/dp/B00A44ABHO/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1374727360&sr=1-3&keywords=wireless+earbuds

If you want a really good earbud with mic under $50, this is my best bet

http://www.amazon.com/J-Fi-M-Acoustic-Natural-Earphones-Titanium/dp/B005VP9MO4/ref=pd_sim_e_19

No inline would be a last resort for me, but thanks for the input.

You should get a wireless earbuds with mic, charge when you dont use it or awhile your using your laptop.

http://www.amazon.com/ALP-Audio-Wireless-Bluetooth-Earbuds/dp/B00A44ABHO/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1374727360&sr=1-3&keywords=wireless+earbuds

If you want a really good earbud with mic under $50, this is my best bet

http://www.amazon.com/J-Fi-M-Acoustic-Natural-Earphones-Titanium/dp/B005VP9MO4/ref=pd_sim_e_19

I like the wireless ones, but don't at the same time. My main thing is if I'm using them, and they get low on battery for whatever reason, I'm pretty much out of luck. I realize there is a usb charger, but it's probably a shorter cable (Or heavier than the earbuds making them 'pull' to one side) that would make wearing them uncomfortable.

However, those J-Fi-M earbuds look nice, as do the http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00264GYMG'>Klipsch.Does anybody have experience with the Klipsch ones?

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

I have Marley Smile Jamaica in ears and they're really awesome. Idk if they do a in line mic version or not.

If you're not playing audio then the sound of the string can be heard but other than that its good. The novelty of having wooden earbuds is awesome too.

Not seeing any of that line with the in-line Mic.

I'm also reading some good things about V-Moda in ears too. So anybody with experience with those or Klipsch, I'm interested in hearing.

Well, I am using the ID America Spark which I bought for $30 bucks, and they are decent.... They also have an inline mic. 

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Well, I am using the ID America Spark which I bought for $30 bucks, and they are decent.... They also have an inline mic. 

Like these: http://www.amazon.com/America-IDH101-GRY-Spark-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006ZH2RNA/ ?

I don't understand why the same earbuds in black are $60. But those in gray look pretty nice. I really like those Meelectronics ones too, they have good reviews, they just cost a bit more than I was looking to spend...

Like these: http://www.amazon.com/America-IDH101-GRY-Spark-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006ZH2RNA/

I don't understand why the same earbuds in black are $60. But those in gray look pretty nice. I really like those Meelectronics ones too, they have good reviews, they just cost a bit more than I was looking to spend...

Yeah. I have the grey ones, and there are pretty nice.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I use the me electronics m30. It's great, and cheap as well.

Yeah these ID America Spark look like a good deal. Low price, solidly made, and the earbuds and packaging all look very professional and sleek.

Unless something else comes along, I'll probably go with those later on tonight.

Like these: http://www.amazon.com/America-IDH101-GRY-Spark-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006ZH2RNA/ ?

I have the ID America Spark as well. The me electronics m30 beat it in every way imaginable.

I have the ID America Spark as well. The me electronics m30 beat it in every way imaginable.

Yeah. My Spark's right speaker popped today (This was after a year or two of constant usage). 

Ninja'd. I didn't see the m30 suggestion before posting mine, I'll look into those.

The inline on the spark is sharp and rectangular, which sucks a bunch. It get caught on the side of my desk, my shirt, and whatever else happens to be near your chest area. The worst thing about the spark, however, would be the jack. It's a straight jack not an angled or L jack, and I had to retire my pair because the jack bent while I was using it. 

It's still a great pair of earbuds, its just that it pales in comparison to the m30s. 

I can't seem to find m30 anywhere, I am finding M31 though, same thing perhaps? http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M31-BK-Headphones-iPhone-Players/dp/B004OBZ2V8

Do they have an in-line mic? I don't see much mention of a microphone at all.

whoops, yes, that was typo on my part. Yup, the m31s. They don't have an inline, unfortunately, but they are still the best earbuds in your price range. If it is really that important, that I'd say the spark is a pretty viable choice as well. If you're going to be using it for your laptop only, then the straight jack might not be a complaint, but if you plan on using it with a mp3 player or an iPod as well, you might break or bend the jack in your pocket- that's what happened to me.

Back to the Spark's then. Like I said earlier, not having an in-line would be a last resort for me, and with all these other options with in-line mics there isn't much need of last resort options. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Just checked, there is no p model that I can find for them, so it looks like still the ID American Sharps.

If I could get a little help form somebody, are the Meelectronics M-Duo a good choice, or would there be something a bit better for the same or cheaper still? I can't guarantee any help, but I could ask my mum and she might give me a little bit to help out.

Just checked, there is no p model that I can find for them, so it looks like still the ID American Sharps.

If I could get a little help form somebody, are the Meelectronics M-Duo a good choice, or would there be something a bit better for the same or cheaper still? I can't guarantee any help, but I could ask my mum and she might give me a little bit to help out.

The M-Duo look like a great buy but if it is too much you could look at these from Dunu - http://www.amazon.com/DUNU-DN-22M-Detonator-Headphones-earphones/dp/B00C549SV6/ref=sr_1_3?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1374779374&sr=1-3&keywords=dunu

They are quite well regarded on head-fi and the have a one button inline control so no volume but if that's okay with you then it would probably be a good option.

Headset

I don't mind them not having a volume on the inline, in fact it doesn't really matter what kind of buttons are on the in-line at all so long as it has the mic lol. I'll mark those and have a look in a few minutes, cooking dinner right now. Then I guess I'll sit down and make some comparisons. If I order before 6:30 tonight (about 3 hours from now) I should be able to have whatever I buy in by Monday to try out.