Skylake market avalibnility delayed?

I read that Skylake should be launched in August/September.
However we had a meeting with DELL today and they said Intel came to them and apparently Skylake availability is delayed till the end of the year. They didn't go into detail as in which exact chip versions this information relates to.

Does anyone know more about this?
Do you think there is a production capacity problem with Skylake?

We need more info. Lets hear it. Any Intel insider online?

Microsoft wouldn't be happy about this. I'm sure machines with new Skylake + Windows 10 would be more interesting for the customers.

Microsoft wouldn't be happy about this. I'm sure machines with new Skylake + Windows 10 would be more interesting for the customers.

Windows 10 will be available on July 29th, so it would be around for the Skylake's release either way.

Maybe it's the non K variants that are shipping later (I hope). Either way, as long as it's released by November I'll be fine.

Wait, you are the one that had a meeting with Dell and you're asking us what do we know about it?

If this is production capacity problem this information might relate only to Intel's OEM partners (DELL, HP, Lenovo,...) and new HW from them.

However it might not conflict with launch of desktop processors.

That is what I am trying to find out...

Any here we are forum filled with people working all over...somebody knows more. Lets hear it.

Windows 10 will be available on July 29th, so it would be around for the Skylake's release either way.

It will be around for sure.

Only the sales would be better if Skylake would be introduced around the same time. Both would compliment each others sale numbers. It's all about statistics and Microsoft really wants to nail it with Windows 10.

I guess the delay should only affect the mobile CPU's. The desktop processors already have been named in Intel's latest Product Change Notification (here, page 13 is the interesting bit). Since the mobile cpu's don't even have a name yet, so they should be affected by the delay. In previous generations, Intel used to release and announce the mobile processors first.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I think it is just OEM not able to get the non-K variants, been waiting for this upgrade from FX-8350.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Maybe they were talking about laptop CPUs?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I guess the delay should only affect the mobile CPU's. The desktop processors already have been named in Intel's latest Product Change Notification (here, page 13 is the interesting bit). Since the mobile cpu's don't even have a name yet, so they should be affected by the delay. In previous generations, Intel used to release and announce the mobile processors first.

I really hope you're right there.

I have a couple of upgrades lined up and the builds should be based on the Skylake i7-6700K.