£1200~ build

Go to solution Solved by Dzzope,

Try this out for about the same price... Double the size of ssd, faster (though slightly smaller) HDD, better quality PSU, Decent CPU cooler and similar style case for less..

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£177.95 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£22.74 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£89.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£134.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.49 @ More Computers) 
Total: £1258.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-22 00:32 BST+0100

I will mainly be using my pc for gaming at 1440p, i mainly need suggestions on what i should put more money into or have I gone for a decent pc overall ?

CPU: I5-4690k 3,5Ghz quad core - £180

MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 7  -£135

RAM: kingston 1866mhz 8gbx1 - £40

HDD: WD 3tb caviar green -£80

SSD: 240GB kingston hyperX

GPU: GTX 9080Ti - £550

CASE: NZXT H440 - £90

PSU: Corsair 850W - £100

I will mainly be using my pc for gaming at 1440p, i mainly need suggestions on what i should put more money into or have I gone for a decent pc overall ?

CPU: I5-4690k 3,5Ghz quad core - £180

MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 7  -£135

RAM: kingston 1866mhz 8gbx1 - £40

HDD: WD 3tb caviar green -£80

SSD: 240GB kingston hyperX

GPU: GTX 9080Ti - £550

CASE: NZXT H440 - £90

PSU: Corsair 850W - £100

click the link on my signature.

get a wd caviar blue.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Instead the 3tb green get 2tb nas storage like a WD black or purple or red, and maybe not a kingston ssd, get a samsung Evo 850, also for 1440p consider the 290x, especially the sapphire one. For ram you should use dual-channel so 2x4 gigs

Check your power supply- maybe use 700W which is a far enough for one gpu, and add a cooler to that cpu, see if everything theoretically works together and make the next step.

Nice selection. I think you can get a cheaper mobo (I personally like Asus) if you want to save a couple of pounds, but make sure you get a z97(so this one will be good). 2x4GB is faster, so unless you plan to upgrade to 2x8 in the near future I would make use of the dual channel.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Instead the 3tb green get 2tb nas storage, and maybe not a kingston ssd, get a samsung Evo 850, also for 1440p consider the 290x, especially the sapphire one

mainly going to be in one spot and i have 2.5tb of games already so cant go for 2tb and ok for the SSD I may gor for that and 290xs over 980ti ? future proofing with the 980ti is a lot easier and as I have the money to go for it and it will help with the 1440p to have the 6gb and it will take a lot longer to get up to 8gb for gaming and by then I would probably buy a better card

Nice selection. I think you can get a cheaper mobo (I personally like Asus) if you want to save a couple of pounds, but make sure you get a z97(so this one will be good). 2x4GB is faster, so unless you plan to upgrade to 2x8 in the near future I would make use of the dual channel.

how is 2x4 faster? and I probably will go to 2x8 at one point in the near future and TY 

click the link on my signature.

get a wd caviar blue.

Why blue over green and even then why not black ?

how is 2x4 faster? and I probably will go to 2x8 at one point in the near future and TY

You can have twice the bandwidth with dual channel.

lesser wattage psu, 1600mhz ram since intel cpus don't take full Advantage of thr speed, get any ssd exept Kingston or bx100(those are slower ones) singe 980can max 1440p maybr get sapphire radeon 290x vapor x tri x model(or msi lighting model)

As I understand it, it is faster since you use dual channel (someone correct me if I understood wrong).

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2288957/dual-ram-1x8-2x4-single4.html

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

lesser wattage psu, 1600mhz ram since intel cpus don't take full Advantage of thr speed, get any ssd exept Kingston or bx100(those are slower ones) singe 980can max 1440p maybr get sapphire radeon 290x vapor x tri x model(or msi lighting model)

im not getting a lesser wattage psu as i will probably be going sli in about 6 months so i dont want to shed £100 for no reason and 1600mhz is the same price as 1866Mhz so I might as well go for 1866 IMOI dont mine, and with the single 980 i will wanting to be upgrading to 4k at one point along with upgrading to a SLI and ultra 4xMSAA atleast and all that so the 980TI will be better and the sapphire cards are good but i personally prefer nvidea and don't say 970 because why go for a lesser when i could afford the top of the range??

mainly going to be in one spot and i have 2.5tb of games already so cant go for 2tb and ok for the SSD I may gor for that and 290xs over 980ti ? future proofing with the 980ti is a lot easier and as I have the money to go for it and it will help with the 1440p to have the 6gb and it will take a lot longer to get up to 8gb for gaming and by then I would probably buy a better card

Future proofing is a clumsy term, people were future proofing last year with a 780ti. Get what you need for now while it's twice cheaper, resell and buy a better one when u need it.

And if you have made up your mind already about the gpu, ram future sli and 4k without mentioning in the beginning I don't know how posting in a forum can help

Future proofing is a clumsy term, people were future proofing last year with a 780ti. Get what you need for now while it's twice cheaper, resell and buy a better one when u need 

its not that much of a clumsy term and why would I not need the 980ti ? as I will probably get an SLI when I get a 4k screen and i want 100fps on all games on ultra,

and I havn't made up my mind on the GPU im just questioning and trying to get the most out of you to see why i should go for that then the one thats best on paper.

It's just like asking question at school, aka you get more out of the lesson when u ask instead of being quiet, and also i brought the 4k with some people who recommended a downscale on paper. I can edit my post if you like me to ... 

its not that much of a clumsy term and why would I not need the 980ti ? as I will probably get an SLI when I get a 4k screen and i want 100fps on all games on ultra,

and I havn't made up my mind on the GPU im just questioning and trying to get the most out of you to see why i should go for that then the one thats best on paper 

Then why say that you'll be gaming mainly on 1440p ?

from the link you sent with it seems its more bandwidth so that means its faster so its 2x bandwidth instead of 1x

Exactly. For my next rig (planned this summer) I'm getting 2x4 so I can expend it with another 2x4 later on. I get very mixed results when I try to find out what happens when you mix 2x4 with 2x8 though, so if you think you will need more than 16GB then maybe you should get 2x8, but like I said I can't find much about it.

My System:

Spoiler

Then why say that you'll be gaming mainly on 1440p ?

mainly 1440p with that build 

Try this out for about the same price... Double the size of ssd, faster (though slightly smaller) HDD, better quality PSU, Decent CPU cooler and similar style case for less..

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£22.74 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£89.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£134.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (£64.49 @ More Computers) 

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Exactly. For my next rig (planned this summer) I'm getting 2x4 so I can expend it with another 2x4 later on. I get very mixed results when I try to find out what happens when you mix 2x4 with 2x8 though, so if you think you will need more than 16GB then maybe you should get 2x8, but like I said I can't find much about it.

hmm i dont thing 2x8 and 2x4 should have a problem as in one of my old pc's i had a 2x8 and 1x2 so i know its not 2x dual channel but it was 2 different ram sticks so idk i will probably ask local pc experts to see what they say and i will try to get back to you on that.

mainly 1440p with that build 

It's decent enough, on that build going past a 290x doesn't seem reasonable

damn Dzzope you're everywhere xD, and the cpu cooler looks good but i was thinking of getting a corsair h100igtx at a later date for when I decide to OC and the case is nice!, and XFX do better quality PSU's than corsair ? and i heard that the msi gaming edition of mobo was better than the krait as it puts other programs in the background?

hmm i dont thing 2x8 and 2x4 should have a problem as in one of my old pc's i had a 2x8 and 1x2 so i know its not 2x dual channel but it was 2 different ram sticks so idk i will probably ask local pc experts to see what they say and i will try to get back to you on that.

If you find out more I would definitely be interested. The answers I see most are "don't mix ram" and "sure you can mix em I the timings and speed are the same" (which sounds more logical to me).

Be sure to post your rig in the show-off forum!

My System:

Spoiler

It's decent enough, on that build going past a 290x doesn't seem reasonable

this video shows you that the r9 290x hits about 40-60fps on most games while the 980ti hits 60-80fps mainly on avg 

If you find out more I would definitely be interested. The answers I see most are "don't mix ram" and "sure you can mix em I the timings and speed are the same" (which sounds more logical to me).

Be sure to post your rig in the show-off forum!

ye I will probably be able to get back to you by tomorrow and it seems logical to me as well but hey it could be one of those things, and when its built i will be sure to post it on the show-off forum