Corsair h105

Go to solution Solved by Sn4tchBandicoot,

I wouldn't even worry about that, that's dick all.

If it was more like someone had stepped on the rad and left a massive dent in it the size of say a cup bottom then there's room for concern, but that I wouldn't even bother worrying about.

The dents

My corsair h105 arrived with a dent in the radiator is that a big problem? Also should the backplate be lose or tight?

My corsair h105 arrived with a dent in the radiator is that a big problem? Also should the backplate be lose or tight?

How big is the dent? Can you take a picture of it? If one fin is dented (is that even a legit word?) a little bit, it will not affect anything.

Waterblock is relatively light and doesn't put a lot of stress on the mobo. Backplate should be tight enough for the block to make a firm contact with CPU.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I assume by backplate you are talking about the one for the cpu block, in which case yes it should be loose, until you tighten the block onto it, the block holds it tight, I had the same thought with my Corsair H60.

Also as a side note, down't over tighten the thumb screws for the block (Like pliers or a screw driver) or you'll actually snap the stand off :\

3 fins are dented

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

How big is the dent? Can you take a picture of it? If one fin is dented (is that even a legit word?) a little bit, it will not affect anything.

Waterblock is relatively light and doesn't put a lot of stress on the mobo. Backplate should be tight enough for the block to make a firm contact with CPU.

here is a pic

I assume by backplate you are talking about the one for the cpu block, in which case yes it should be loose, until you tighten the block onto it, the block holds it tight, I had the same thought with my Corsair H60.

Also as a side note, down't over tighten the thumb screws for the block (Like pliers or a screw driver) or you'll actually snap the stand off :\

will 3 dented fins on the side I'm not putting the fans on cause a problem?

The dents

post-108491-0-67091600-1434931270_thumb.

I wouldn't even worry about that, that's dick all.

If it was more like someone had stepped on the rad and left a massive dent in it the size of say a cup bottom then there's room for concern, but that I wouldn't even bother worrying about.

The dents

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10