Building piece by piece

this is my first ever build and i am building on a budget so i have decided to build it one piece at a time meaning i will be buying the pieces as i get the money i wanted to know if there are pieces i should buy before others any help would be appreciated

this is my first ever build and i am building on a budget so i have decided to build it one piece at a time meaning i will be buying the pieces as i get the money i wanted to know if there are pieces i should buy before others any help would be appreciated

Yeah... Wouldn't reccomend it at all. Either buy it all together or not. New parts come out every time and by the time you build it there will be something way better for the same price. I'd reccomend saving up till you have a complete budget.

I guess you can buy them in any order you want, you won't have anything working until you have all the parts anyways. :P

I wouldn't recommand doing that though. Instead, save your money until you can buy everything at the same time, and by the time you can do it, chances are there will be new hardware out that can affect the prices of some components you had in mind - or provide better alternatives, like a revision for a product or something like that.

You won't get a working computer faster by buying it piece by piece, so I see no practical advantages to doing it.

Buy them all at the same time, unless you can buy everything except the gpu.

Other tech's will come out in the mean time and you will feel dumb

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Another reason to buy all at once is warranties and returns. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but what if your motherboard was DOA and you had no idea for 3 months?

Edit: GOOD LUCK! I hope you enjoy your first build. ^___^

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |