FrozenQ PC Mods 250mm Liquid Fusion V Series questions

Today I received  my reservoir from frozencpu.com and its not exactly what I thought it was going to be. It is a 2nd generation reservoir and the things I'm not sure about are why the ports are on the side of the cap instead of on top like frozencpu.com is advertising and does the water actually fill the spiral or does it just full the whole tube? The picture with the red resservoir is what frozencpu is advertising while the blue is what I got.

post-28180-0-99184400-1374654623.jpg

post-28180-0-85463700-1374654774_thumb.j

Sorry about the difference in picture size i didnt realise it would do that.

If it's not what was advertised (and it doesn't look like it is) you should get in contact with them and see whats up.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Seems like human error on the processing and shipping. Contact them so they send you the right one.

Seems like human error on the processing and shipping. Contact them so they send you the right one.[/

I will contact them about it now but is the whole reservoir suppost to fill with water or just the spiral? Because with this one I got the entire cylinder fills up but the spiral is a solid object so it won't fill.

If I'm correct there should be a cold cathode or something like that in the spiral. The spiral is just for aesthetics. There's no reason to float it with water.

If I'm correct there should be a cold cathode or something like that in the spiral. The spiral is just for aesthetics. There's no reason to float it with water.

This is probably a stupid question but where do you plug the cable for the cathode, I know its on the motherboard but I'm not sure where. I'm using a Asrock Z77 extreme 6.

This is probably a stupid question but where do you plug the cable for the cathode, I know its on the motherboard but I'm not sure where. I'm using a Asrock Z77 extreme 6.

I'd read the manual? You should know whether or not an inverter is attached.

For the cathode you need to buy an inverter as an extra mate, also only the tube fills up not the spiral.

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth

You need a separate cathode inverter.

Could you post a link for the product you actually bought?

I believe there are 2 versions of this reservoir. One has the water inside the spiral and the other one inside the tube

You need a separate cathode inverter.

Could you post a link for the product you actually bought?

I believe there are 2 versions of this reservoir. One has the water inside the spiral and the other one inside the tube

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10277/ex-res-164/FrozenQ_PC_Mods_250mm_Liquid_Fusion_V_Series_2nd_Generation_Reservoir_-_UV_Cathode_-_Fluorescent_Blue_Helix.html?tl=g30c97s165&id=a82CUxYM&mv_pc=978

Yeah, those pictures are wrong. But it clearly says there that the water goes on the cylinder, not the spiral.

Yeah, those pictures are wrong. But it clearly says there that the water goes on the cylinder, not the spiral.

Where would I be able to get a converter for the cathode?

Wish I new that before I bought the reservoir, takes about 1 and a half weeks of shipping.

If you are shipping overseas, you could probably find an inverter locally with no trouble.

How does it work?

You just plug the inverter to a molex and the cathode cable to the inverter