Looking to buy a new phone, hoping for recommendations!

Caphalem

Hi,

I'm currently looking to get a new phone to replace a Samsung Galaxy S4.
Sadly, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to mobile phones so I'm hoping to get some insight on the current market from you guys. In LTT I trust!
Thinking of an iPhone 6 Plus but not sure about it... Knowing Apple they most likely charge you extra just for the name "Apple"...
What I want from my phone is for it to have at least a 5" screen. Don't care that much about the camera but would Love to get some nice performance. Most of the time will be spent surfing the net and occasionally playing games like Hearthstone. 1080p is enough, 60fps would nice to get.
As for the price, don't want it to be too crazy. Anything that's priced around the same as an iPhone 6 Plus and lower is good.

Oh and no Windows phones.

Hi,

I'm currently looking to get a new phone to replace a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Sadly, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to mobile phones so I'm hoping to get some insight on the current market from you guys. In LTT I trust!

Thinking of an iPhone 6 Plus but not sure about it... Knowing Apple they most likely charge you extra just for the name "Apple"...

What I want from my phone is for it to have at least a 5" screen. Don't care that much about the camera but would Love to get some nice performance. Most of the time will be spent surfing the net and occasionally playing games like Hearthstone.

As for the price, don't want it to be too crazy. Anything that's priced around the same as an iPhone 6 Plus and lower is good.

Oh and no Windows phones.

Moto X

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

i mean the iphone 6 is a nice phone. and they cost about the same if you are buying at full retail price as other phones. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Yeah you a strictly paying for the Apple logo on the back of the phone with the iPhones. I recommend the Samsung S6 (non edged edition) or the Samsung S5 (depending on your price range). The HTC M9 is a good phone too.

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Xperia Z3/Z3+ or S6.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

why not just get the iphone 6? people are always slating apple, i can see why when it comes to their laptops/pcs but there phones are simple to use and plenty fast, i still have my iphone 5s (had it over a year) and i much prefer it than any samsung,sony etc, ive had the experia z,s3,s4,s5 and many other phones. the iphone 6 is 4.7inch so the 6 plus would be the way to go for 5 inch or more.

samsung phones look cheap and feel cheap and also break very easily, theyve made the s6 look better but you cant even take the battery out anymore, thats pointless. 

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Yeah you a strictly paying for the Apple logo on the back of the phone with the iPhones. I recommend the Samsung S6 (non edged edition) or the Samsung S5 (depending on your price range). The HTC M9 is a good phone too.

unless youve owned them all how can you say that? the s5 is made of cheap plastic and if you drop it, then its game over, the plastic will chip off like it did on the one i had.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I own the iPhone 6 Plus, it's a great phone. IOS devices just work, go down to an Apple/ATT/TMO/VZ/Sprint store and try one out and compare it to other phones.

Heyyo,

On contract devices?

The Sony Xperia Z3 is a fantastic on-contract device. Stereo front facing speakers and a great screen for some Hearthstone on the go fun. The water and dust proof just make it all the better so you could even play it in the rain or a sandstorm if you dare. Pretty much the front facing speakers is why I'd recommend this over an iPhone 6 which has speakers out the bottom of the phone.

Otherwise? LG G3. Decent I guess speaker facing out the back but the large and good 5.5" screen make this a VERY cost effective device for playing Hearthstone on the go. It's a 2D game... so pretty much any device will play it without a hitch tbh. Pretty much screen size and speaker quality are the two things that matter the most tbh.

For a higher end recommendation? I'd go with the LG G4. EPIC SCREEN QUALITY! Great battery life and a decent loud speaker on the back. It'll play Hearthstone without any hitches too and look the best doing so.

Off Contract?

OnePlus One. AMAZING DEVICE! I love the crap outta mine. EPIC price for the device you get (recently dropped $50 in price w00t!) and the Qualcomm SnapDragon 801 will flow through any task or Hearthstone without problems. Dual speakers on the bottm are pretty damn loud. So glad I got this device. :)

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

So many replies in such a short manner, wow! Thanks guys!

After digging around for info on the recommended phones I think Sony Xperia Z3+ is the best bet here (unless iOS were the way to go). Has an sd card slot, the longest battery life, a nice 5.2" screen and kicks buttocks on benchmarks. The only downside is that it hasn't arrived to my country yet.

I replaced my LG G3 with an iPhone 6.   I then gave the 6 to my wife and upgraded to a 6 Plus.   No regrets here.  While many of the android phones are nice, they are still nothing more than toys in my experience.   The 6 and 6 plus make better actual phones.  Although I do with they had trimmed the bezel a little bit. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Well the iPhone 6 Plus is pretty much the most expensive phone anyways. It is a pretty decent phone, but it is cumbersome to use and you will want a case or wrap to avoid dropping it. Alternatives to it are:

-Note 4 (larger screen size and battery, but easier to hold in the hand IMO)

-LG G4 

-Xperia Z3/Z3+ (water resistant body is a real plus)

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Are you on a contract? Please don't renew your contract for a new phone

unless youve owned them all how can you say that? the s5 is made of cheap plastic and if you drop it, then its game over, the plastic will chip off like it did on the one i had.

Wow. That is wrong. There is a thing called... um... Yeah. CASES. You should just get a freaking Otterbox

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Are you on a contract? Please don't renew your contract for a new phone

Nope, no contract, just the classic cash-for-phone.