Windows 8.1, half of data gone

Kyuubixchidori

hello, so my brother hard restarted his computer. now half of his data/programs are gone or broken. what file recovery program is recommended? thanks!

hello, so my brother hard restarted his computer. now half of his data/programs are gone or broken. what file recovery program is recommended? thanks!

What did you do? lol

Things don't just disappear....

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

We don't judge :P

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

back the drive up..image it...then reinstall the os...and extract your files from the image

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

What did you do? lol

turned off his PC, guess didnt wait the entire time before unplugging it from power. 

Things don't just disappear....

first time for me mate lol. there's literal shortcuts just not there anymore/things wont launch

back the drive up..image it...then reinstall the os...and extract your files from the image

yeah, figured id have to plug it into my pc and pull what i can

turned off his PC, guess didnt wait the entire time before unplugging it from power. 

first time for me mate lol. there's literal shortcuts just not there anymore/things wont launch

yeah, figured id have to plug it into my pc and pull what i can

I had this happen to me once before but it was just because a disk in my raid array died xD

I had this happen to me once before but it was just because a disk in my raid array died xD

I feel bad because its my fault lol.

I needed the outlet for the vacuum cleaner, and his computer display went off for like 15 seconds, but fans where still going. I was like pfft good enough and unplugged it. and now half is stuff is gone lol

I feel bad because its my fault lol.

I needed the outlet for the vacuum cleaner, and his computer display went off for like 15 seconds, but fans where still going. I was like pfft good enough and unplugged it. and now half is stuff is gone lol

Now the truth comes out ;) 

Now the truth comes out ;)

hey last time his hard drive died, I did the freezer trick, and all he wanted off of it was his minecraft saves. so its no biggie. 

hey last time his hard drive died, I did the freezer trick, and all he wanted off of it was his minecraft saves. so its no biggie. 

haha Minecraft saves? :P 

haha Minecraft saves? :P

Literally it. I spent hours trying to recover stuff of his dieing hard drive, and thats all he wanted. I died a bit on the inside. I dunno if he actually needs anything off his current pc, ill just wipe it and call it a day

Literally it. I spent hours trying to recover stuff of his dieing hard drive, and thats all he wanted. I died a bit on the inside. I dunno if he actually needs anything off his current pc, ill just wipe it and call it a day

maybe setup some kinda auto backup for stuff he thinks is important

I use cobian backup..nice and simple

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

My NAS supports windows backup and I just set that up and call it a day :P

Make a system image backup and everything will be fine if you accidentally delete data.