ASUS Suite II

What are your thoughts on the program? I adjusted a bit and i got blue screened twice then all was normal. It allowed me to OC to 4.5 with 1.28 and a 1.31 off set since the BIOS was confusing. What are your thoughts on it? Is there a better way? Where can i also edit the off set?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It's a buggy program. Do you need help with the BIOS?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's a buggy program. Do you need help with the BIOS?

Yeah. It's confusing and I can tell it's buggy. Right now my main focus is to have the off set voltage to be turn down and understand the other voltages that are present

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

So do you know where to go in the BIOS to turn down the voltages and overclock?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yeah. It's confusing and I can tell it's buggy. Right now my main focus is to have the off set voltage to be turn down and understand the other voltages that are present

What OC are you trying to achieve?What cpu do you have?

So do you know where to go in the BIOS to turn down the voltages and overclock?

Its in the Ai Tuner Section in advanced mode that i know

What OC are you trying to achieve?What cpu do you have?

Right now i have a 4.5 GHz 3570K with a 1.28 v Stable with like a 20 min prime 95 run, I don't want to go higher due to fear but this set is nice already

Right now i have a 4.5 GHz 3570K with a 1.28 v Stable with like a 20 min prime 95 run, I don't want to go higher due to fear but this set is nice already

What else did you change?

What else did you change?

Nothing much just fan minimums 

Its in the Ai Tuner Section in advanced mode that i know

I may not be able to help much, because my connection to the forum is sketchy at the moment. In AI Tweaker, to set your overclock, change your Turbo Ratio to manual. You should see core speeds pop up. You should also see an option to make it apply to all cores automatically. Enable that, and input your overclock. (43 for instance to get 4.3GHz)

Nothing much just fan minimums 

Go in bios and reset everything you did..Then follow this guide exactly and adjust voltages as needed..If you have issues you can PM me or ask in the OC guide forum..This guide got me stable at 4.5 at 1.25 with a -.010 offset..But all offsets are different.The guide will tell you how to find your offset.. :)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

I may not be able to help much, because my connection to the forum is sketchy at the moment. In AI Tweaker, to set your overclock, change your Turbo Ratio to manual. You should see core speeds pop up. You should also see an option to make it apply to all cores automatically. Enable that, and input your overclock. (43 for instance to get 4.3GHz)

I think i already did that. Im not so sure but my cores turn down when not needed and thats amazing in most cases so idk :P. Is there any equivalent to Suite II that is available? What bugs have you encountered> What happens when i set a clock and i get blue screen? Does that indicate something?

I think i already did that. Im not so sure but my cores turn down when not needed and thats amazing in most cases so idk :P. Is there any equivalent to Suite II that is available? What bugs have you encountered> What happens when i set a clock and i get blue screen? Does that indicate something?

One bug I've encountered relates to my Kraken x60's pump. If I have it monitoring temperatures, it says my motherboard is at negative so-and-so temperature centigrade. It also claims my pump isn't running, even though it is. Also, I have yet to get my CPU to throttle when not under use using AI Tweaker. It stays at its overclocked frequency 24/7, even with Intel Speedstep and all the C states enabled. As for an AI Suite II replacement, I'll look for one. What features are you exactly looking for? Just overclocking within Windows?

One bug I've encountered relates to my Kraken x60's pump. If I have it monitoring temperatures, it says my motherboard is at negative so-and-so temperature centigrade. It also claims my pump isn't running, even though it is. Also, I have yet to get my CPU to throttle when not under use using AI Tweaker. It stays at its overclocked frequency 24/7, even with Intel Speedstep and all the C states enabled. As for an AI Suite II replacement, I'll look for one. What features are you exactly looking for? Just overclocking within Windows?

Yeah OC in Windows is really nice and simple. 

Yeah OC in Windows is really nice and simple. 

Ocing in windows is always going to be buggy..Try that guide..It will walk you through everything..

Ocing in windows is always going to be buggy..Try that guide..It will walk you through everything..

True. I'm listening in to the guide

get good in the bios before you go near that turbov thing. after you figure out stuff like 'oh, a fixed vcore in the bios makes turbov much easier to use' and 'i know i need this much vcore for this clock, lemme apply a Vcore change first' youll be pro.

so ye, figure out what your cpu can do with the bios first then when things get cold you can try out turbov. really, its kind of useful for like bumping up the bclk that extra .5 from within windows because you know you cant boot with it that high.

True. I'm listening in to the guide

That guide taught me how to OC the right way and how to navigate the bios..And everyone on that thread has used the guide and can help you with any questions you may have..

edit..What i did was load page on cell  phone and change all settings in bios exactly..

The Voltage gets really high on the random now that i see. It went up to like a 1.36 then a 1.5!

The Voltage gets really high on the random now that i see. It went up to like a 1.36 then a 1.5!

AUTOMATICALLY!

AUTOMATICALLY!

Its cause your voltage is set to auto..You need to manually adjust it..

Its cause your voltage is set to auto..You need to manually adjust it..

Yeah I nearly shartted cause of that. And I did prime with the 1.28 4.5 and it froze at like 8 mins

Yeah I nearly shartted cause of that. And I did prime with the 1.28 4.5 and it froze at like 8 mins

Did you change all the other settings?

Did you change all the other settings?

Not quite. I'll have to wait for tomorrow. I'll want to optimize for a 4.5 at a great voltage set. I really like off set mode but I don't want it spiraling off to different voltage settings without my command. Tuning down clock speed and voltage will be great. But I'll have to be careful. I'll might just change it to maybe a 4.4 or a 4.3 cause of my board since its an Lk p8