Help on choosing a camera

Hi, my name is Alfie and I am planing on starting a youtube channel. One of the big things about a youtube channel (if you haven't already guessed) is footage and to create that footage I am going to need a decentish camera to record video with. My needs: Shooting videos of me talking, panning across objects (small and big) and taking photographs. As I want this camera to last a long time I want it to have at least 1080p video capabilities with an input for a microphone. 

Also I am on a budget of around $200 give or take 20 bucks. Thanks!

I don't think 200 is going to cut it. Maybe you can get a decent deal on something used, but for a new camera you will need a bit more.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I don't think 200 is going to cut it. Maybe you can get a decent deal on something used, but for a new camera you will need a bit more.

What would you recommend for as cheap as possible and fits my specs?

What would you recommend for as cheap as possible and fits my specs?

Okay so you said you need at least 1080P and you want to take photos, so a DSLR is a no brainer. Do you care about portability? And 1080P at 30 or 60 FPS? 

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I would recommend a Canon t3i for 1080; my friend/camera person has one and it's pretty good, especially if you install Magic Lantern on it (basically a better OS for the camera). it might be out of your price range, but you could probably find one one ebay for $200 with a little perseverance.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Probably 1080p at 30fps, I'm not too fussed really. And no, I'm not going to be bothered by portability as i Will have the camera on the tripod

What smartphone do you have? 

For $200 you're not going to get far. Honestly shoot with your phone and blast the area with lights. If you're really on a budget go to a builders shop and buy 2 used work lamps and just flood the area with light. Phones actually produce pretty good images if you feed it enough light. 

Here's the trick not many people like to talk about. When you're first starting video production getting good audio is 10x more important than the camera. People can watch shitty footage from a potato. No one is going to listen to you through a shitty mic.  You have to invest in good audio there's no way around that. 

I'd get something like a Rode Smart-Lav and just run it into the phone. Get some work lamps and flood the set with light. If you drag a cheap tabletop tripod with a cloth under it and drag it across the table you can get a pretty smooth ghetto slider shot).  Get a decent full size tripod + fluid head, lock it down and shoot away.  

What smartphone do you have? 

For $200 you're not going to get far. Honestly shoot with your phone and blast the area with lights. If you're really on a budget go to a builders shop and buy 2 used work lamps and just flood the area with light. Phones actually produce pretty good images if you feed it enough light. 

Here's the trick not many people like to talk about. When you're first starting video production getting good audio is 10x more important than the camera. People can watch shitty footage from a potato. No one is going to listen to you through a shitty mic.  You have to invest in good audio there's no way around that. 

I'd get something like a Rode Smart-Lav and just run it into the phone. Get some work lamps and flood the set with light. If you drag a cheap tabletop tripod with a cloth under it and drag it across the table you can get a pretty smooth ghetto slider shot).  Get a decent full size tripod + fluid head, lock it down and shoot away.

I have an iPhone 5s and a blue mic snowball.

I have an iPhone 5s and a blue mic snowball.

Then use the iPhone 5s for your camera, get a tripod, and a case with a tripod adapter

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Would this be good enough quality?

Then use the iPhone 5s for your camera, get a tripod, and a case with a tripod adapter

Would this be good enough quality?

as good as any $200 camera

Here is an iPhone review.. filmed on an iPhone

and a movie shot on an iPhone

Bentley advert shot on iPhone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii