ps4 media player rage?

crispfact

dayum it Sony! cant include the necessities can you? :") no ntfs support, no flac support, and most importantly no dts audio support!! -.- i was so excited too, has anyone got a media server up and running so they can try to perhaps play a video file with dts audio? maybe it works over wireless, but it sure doesnt work in the wired connection.

That's a PS4 for you. What you see is what you get, and that's if you're lucky.

Wow, I didn't even knew this was a thing.  I'm gonna test it tomorrow.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

dayum it Sony! cant include the necessities can you? :") no ntfs support, no flac support, and most importantly no dts audio support!! -.- i was so excited too, has anyone got a media server up and running so they can try to perhaps play a video file with dts audio? maybe it works over wireless, but it sure doesnt work in the wired connection.

Yup. When I read the article headline I was like: "OMGWTFBBQ FINALLY FUCK YES" and thought that I could reuse my HTPC for something more productive (like testing Windows 10, whatever), but then I read its limitations and was like: "FFS FML SONY"

I do exhibit fanboy-behavior relatively often, but I have to agree that Xbox is a way better media center. In the end I think I'll just get an Nvidia Shield (the android box) and install Kodi on that.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

i would love it if sony would support dts audio codec at the least, maybe in a future update but i was actually excited for it until i got my movie playing and realized that the audio wasn't supported.

Ps3 was so much better for the fans coming from ps2... Remember when ps2 could play music cds? The memories... 

Edit: At least for first generation ps3s (backwards compatability and such) 

read my messages in a gleeful tone.