Headphone amp for Bose Headphones

Go to solution Solved by SSL,

Hey, thank you all.

I think the message I heard you say is that I dont need one. Thanks ;)

Well, you may need one if you want more volume but already have it turned up to the max. With an amp, you'd be very unlikely to damage your headphones before you damage your ears.

Hey everybody,

I got some pretty awesome headphones from Bose. I bought them mainly for the use with my Desktop PC but of course also for my smartphone. They have awesome sound and are really light wich i LOVE! 

The question I got to you guys is if I sould get an internal PCIE Sound Card. 

The Headphones I use: BOSE site (hope i got you the english site)

I'd like my Headphones to be a little louder sometimes but i really don't want to damage them as i spend a lot of money on them.

Greeting from Germany and thank You very much, Jo

Fiio E10k is dac/amp combo which will certainly make a difference. You connect it via USB to your PC and no additional drivers are required. It costs around 80€ (Amazon.de).

If you are not having problems with your current sound source, such as distortion, noise, or insufficient volume, there is little to be gained from running out and buying an amp/DAC.

If you want your headphones louder, does that mean you can't get to a comfortable listening volume with all volumes at 100% on your computer?

For those headphones you probably wont need anything extra, they will sound exactly like theyre supposed or so close to that it would be a waste of money.

Also internal PCIE soundcards dont make a difference unless you want the headphones to get louder.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

You're really a top notch moron you know that? A $200 soundcard sounds better than any integrated audio and a $300 DAC sounds better than any soundcard. Do you think people are idiots and they just flush money down the toilet?

I was talking about PCIE cards(here's a picture to help your hasty brain operate)

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Audigy-Performance-Headphone/dp/B00EO6X4XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434483842&sr=8-1&keywords=pcie+soundcard

Im all up for Dac and amps as my headphone setup currently has a combo Dac/Amp.

And yes people who buy 200$ PCIE soundcards are morons, there might be a difference in sound quality but its still better to buy a external solution at any price.

The only reason these days to buy an PCIE soundcard is if your pc has an oldschool mobo or you need more audio ports for 5.1 / 7.1 audio.

Also: its a Canadian forum, lets atleast try to be nice to each other.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

I've the predecessor to those headphones. If you are struggling for volume then you may be hard of hearing, as they should in no way be difficult to power, and there's no distortion at higher volumes, so I'm not sure why you want an amp. Take a look at the E10K for a non portable desktop amp/dac, but if you're not sure if you need one and want something cheap and portable the topping NX1/2 seems to be quite good.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hey, thank you all.

Hey, thank you all.

Well, you may need one if you want more volume but already have it turned up to the max. With an amp, you'd be very unlikely to damage your headphones before you damage your ears.