Clicking hard drive?

ScubaChase

I moved my computer for the first time in like a year and it boots to a recovery page with the error code of 0xc000000e and the hard drive was making this noise what is happening?

It's dying go get a new one.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

R.I.P Hard Drive

I am sorry to tell you that your HDD is dead. (maybe little functioning but these symtoms are very bad)

How old is the disk, what is the brand and model?

I had drives fail at very low ages like just 500 hours and gave the clicking disk.

if you can get any data off of it, you are lucky. Because the chance that is possible is quite low but it is not impossible.

Crystal disk info. Unless it doesn't boot at all, then just R.I.P.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

blablabla "dead drive" blablabla "buy, buy, buy" - nonsense!

Try starting in safe mode. Have you tried accessing it in antother PC/ OS? can you read the S.M.A.R.T. values?

Quick googling also suggests to start with the Windows-DVD. Not sure if that can help .:D

who cares...

Get a new hdd, or whatever, and back everything you need of it asap, if that's even still possible.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

blablabla "dead drive" blablabla "buy, buy, buy" - nonsense!

Try starting in safe mode. Have you tried accessing it in antother PC/ OS? can you read the S.M.A.R.T. values?

Quick googling also suggests to start with the Windows-DVD. Not sure if that can help . :D

usually this is the case that it is dead. as i said there is a chance that you can still get data off it. But 9/10 cases it is R.I.P. Crystal Disk Info would tell you critical. most of the time this happens

if everything fails and u cant RMA it, try this maybe

Take out the CMOS battery, wait 20 second and put it in again.

If that doesnt help it is dead.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I had the same problem this past week with a very old hard drive from a windows xp computer, switched it to another computer and the clicking stopped, but still couldn't access the files, and sadly, the OS within it. so i just gave up trying to revive it. Soooo R.I.P i guess  :mellow:

Hi there @ScubaChase!

I'm sorry to say that, but your HDD is dying. Nonetheless, you can try to check its health with chkdsk /r command in the CMD, or look if the manufacturer has it's own diagnostic tool that you can download and test the drive with, but first make a backup of the important data . For instance, if you have a WD hard disk you can do this with Data Lifeguard Diagnostics:

In case the check confirms there's something wrong with the hard drive, look for a replacement.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Cheers! :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/