Time for a peripheral upgrade!

Zade_95

Hello Forum wizards, I once again require your assistance. I'm looking to upgrade my mouse and keyboard. I'm currently using a Razer Deathstalker and Deathadder 2013. The deathadder broke and I don't like the stalker all that much, so I somt really wanna go razer.

I'm thinking of either a Logitech MX master or Steel series rival for mouse.

For keyboard its harder, either a CODE (expensive since I live in NZ), and cm storm quickfire something, or Logitech k800.

My daily usage would be something like %70 productivity (word, adobe suite, Autodesk Maya) and %30 gaming (indie, fps, rpgs and simulators).

I can't decide, pls help!

Ps never had a mechanical keyboard before

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming | Intel Core i5 7300HQ | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GTX1050ti | Corsair Force LS 120GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | 6TB Seagate Barracuda

Acer 21" IPS | 15" in-built | Logitech MX Master | Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate | Windows 10 Pro

iPad Pro 10.5" 2017 | A10X | 4GB | 64GB | Silver | Silicone Cover

Huawei Mate 10 Pro | Kirin 970 | 6GB | 128GB | Mocha Brown | Dbrand Carbon Fibre Black Skin

mx master is not for gaming at all. I would get the rival.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Whats your budget (In NZD) so we can recommend some other good options.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Whats your budget (In NZD) so we can recommend some other good options.

$100 for mouse, $150 for keyboard would be ideal Can +/- $50/$100 if it's worth it

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming | Intel Core i5 7300HQ | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GTX1050ti | Corsair Force LS 120GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | 6TB Seagate Barracuda

Acer 21" IPS | 15" in-built | Logitech MX Master | Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate | Windows 10 Pro

Huawei Mate 10 Pro | Kirin 970 | 6GB | 128GB | Mocha Brown | Dbrand Carbon Fibre Black Skin

$100 for mouse, $150 for keyboard would be ideal Can +/- $50/$100 if it's worth it

Depending on your prices, I went for a Corsair K70 RGB (in MX Brown) and M65 RGB, but tbh if RGB isn't important to you go for the non-RGB models of the M65 and K70, you'll absolutely love them and they are by far my favourite mechanical keyboard + mouse combo.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Depending on your prices, I went for a Corsair K70 RGB (in MX Brown) and M65 RGB, but tbh if RGB isn't important to you go for the non-RGB models of the M65 and K70, you'll absolutely love them and they are by far my favourite mechanical keyboard + mouse combo.

I had that in my mind but can't find anyone here who still stocks the non RGB models. I just want backlighting, don't care about the colours and I reallllly don't like that HORRIBLE logo:p

Hello Forum wizards, I once again require your assistance. I'm looking to upgrade my mouse and keyboard. I'm currently using a Razer Deathstalker and Deathadder 2013. The deathadder broke and I don't like the stalker all that much, so I somt really wanna go razer.

I'm thinking of either a Logitech MX master or Steel series rival for mouse.

For keyboard its harder, either a CODE (expensive since I live in NZ), and cm storm quickfire something, or Logitech k800.

My daily usage would be something like %70 productivity (word, adobe suite, Autodesk Maya) and %30 gaming (indie, fps, rpgs and simulators).

I can't decide, pls help!

Ps never had a mechanical keyboard before

For the mouse, of those two for even the relatively small amount of gaming you do the Rival, if it fits your hands, would be great.

For the keyboard, what key switch do you want? There's a link in my sig that sums up everything about key switches.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

For the mouse, of those two for even the relatively small amount of gaming you do the Rival, if it fits your hands, would be great.

For the keyboard, what key switch do you want? There's a link in my sig that sums up everything about key switches.

I mean I was thinking browns, but too be honest I'm not sure I even want a mechanical keyboard! I've used them sure, but am not sure how I'd fare with one as my daily driver. Is it /that/ much better?

I mean I was thinking browns, but too be honest I'm not sure I even want a mechanical keyboard! I've used them sure, but am not sure how I'd fare with one as my daily driver. Is it /that/ much better?

If you tried them and didn't like them then they probably aren't for you!

I suggest looking at that link in my sig though. It has a quiz to help you find the right switch. BTW, the CODE comes with either Cherry MX Greens or Clears. Both are heavy, Clears slightly lighter, with the Greens being tactile and loud and the Clears being tactile and quiet.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you tried them and didn't like them then they probably aren't for you!

I suggest looking at that link in my sig though. It has a quiz to help you find the right switch. BTW, the CODE comes with either Cherry MX Greens or Clears. Both are heavy, Clears slightly lighter, with the Greens being tactile and loud and the Clears being tactile and quiet.

I got browns, that's what I was guessing! Dam decisions being hard !

I got browns, that's what I was guessing! Dam decisions being hard !

Hrmmmm...

If you said you typed on browns and didn't like them then I'm guessing a mechanical keyboard is not for you.

Check out Corsair's K40 as that has a lot of function to it.

Hrmmmm...

If you said you typed on browns and didn't like them then I'm guessing a mechanical keyboard is not for you.

Check out Corsair's K40 as that has a lot of function to it.

What mechanical keyboard would you recommend in general that comes in browns?

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

What mechanical keyboard would you recommend in general that comes in browns?

Anything from Cooler Master. Logitech's G710+ is good as well and can be found on sale all the time.

I bought the mx master and wasn't sure how it'd go for gaming but I love it! My pc usage is like 50% gaming and 50% web browsing. I play pretty much everything, and i love the mouse. If you are leaning towards it i'd suggest getting it. 

Anything from Cooler Master. Logitech's G710+ is good as well and can be found on sale all the time.

What about a Ducky Shine 3 vs Corsair K70?

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I feel like you can easily get by without a CODE keyboard, as it is more expensive than it needs to be - especially for where you are (And I as well in Australia).

Coolermaster keyboards are usually low in price relative to others, and are of very good quality and reliable. At least in my experience.

As for mice, Logitech and Steelseries are my picks. Logitech G602 is also another wireless option that is somewhat similar to the MX, and is an awesome mouse. I have also used the Rival, which is quite nice as well.

What about a Ducky Shine 3 vs Corsair K70?

I'd spend my own money on the Ducky as I trust them but there's nothing really wrong with a K70, provided you acknowledge the issues with the RGB lighting.

I'd spend my own money on the Ducky as I trust them but there's nothing really wrong with a K70, provided you acknowledge the issues with the RGB lighting.

Ok, I'm getting a Ducky then.

EDIT: What keyboard do you use?  Just wondering.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Ok, I'm getting a Ducky then.

EDIT: What keyboard do you use?  Just wondering.

A Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Limited Edition with Cherry MX Greens

A Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Limited Edition with Cherry MX Greens

That's a long name, must be quality :)

Formerly TheFlurryGames