So I'm upgrading my gpu, from a geforce 9100...

So im planning to upgrade from a nvidia geforce 9100 integrated chip to a r7 260x or a gtx 660. Could anyone help me chose either the radeon or gtx? I found two that are similar in price. Also could anyone tell me how good it could run TF2 and Garry's Mod after the upgrade, it runs at 40 fps and under on 720p and all low settings. My specs now are amd athlon II x4 630, 6gb 1600 ram, soon to be 750 watt psu, and 1 tb drive.

Sorry for any typos, I'm typing on my IPad.

Out of those 2 I would choose the R7, the 660 by now is an "old" card. What is your budget for your upgrade? There might be other options available.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Out of those 2 I would choose the R7, the 660 by now is an "old" card. What is your budget for your upgrade? There might be other options available.

From a Geforce 9100 even a pci-e potato would be better

U don't need 750w PSU.

500 is plenty for the mentioned GPUs.

Why not GTX 960 (dx12 ready, 60fps on 1080p)

I'm sure u will upgrade your screen at some point (u are overdue at this point) so your GPU would be ready to rock.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

So im planning to upgrade from a nvidia geforce 9100 integrated chip to a r7 260x or a gtx 660. Could anyone help me chose either the radeon or gtx? I found two that are similar in price. Also could anyone tell me how good it could run TF2 and Garry's Mod after the upgrade, it runs at 40 fps and under on 720p and all low settings. My specs now are amd athlon II x4 630, 6gb 1600 ram, soon to be 750 watt psu, and 1 tb drive.

You don't need a 750 watt PSU, 500 watts is definitely enough. Also, you could just get a GTX 750/ti or an R7 250/X R7 260/X. Those cards would play games at high/ultra at 720p.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

U don't need 750w PSU.

500 is plenty for the mentioned GPUs.

Why not GTX 960 (dx12 ready, 60fps on 1080p)

i second this notion. or even a 750ti if youre short on money. it can do 1080p medium no problem :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Alright, i need to clear up some confusion... My budget is below $100 for video card, i'm buying from ebay (i know this isnt really suggested, but i'm very short on $)

I have a 300 watt psu in my computer now, so ill need to upgrade, and i have the 750 watt one from a older computer, and im saving $ by not buying a 500 watt psu.

i'm fine with the monitor, don't really care if i'm playing at 720p or 900p at this point, so im not looking into a new monitor for right now.

i can upload a picture if needed of my current pc later if anyone would like to see it.

I would go with the gtx 660 if I were you. As for running those game, idk much about g-mod but I play a lot of TF2 and it is CPU intensive. I used to run it with a gtx 550 on medium-high settings so a 660 will be able to max it out. (I believe G-mod is also CPU intensive so it'll probably run the same as TF2 does)

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

I would go with the gtx 660 if I were you. As for running those game, idk much about g-mod but I play a lot of TF2 and it is CPU intensive. I used to run it with a gtx 550 on medium-high settings so a 660 will be able to max it out. (I believe G-mod is also CPU intensive so it'll probably run the same as TF2 does)

thanks, the most helpful reply yet,  :D

You don't need a 750 watt PSU, 500 watts is definitely enough. Also, you could just get a GTX 750/ti or an R7 250/X. Those cards would play games at high/ultra at 720p.

did you mean to say R7 260/X? That would be the equivalent-ish to the GTX 750/ti.

did you mean to say R7 260/X? That would be the equivalent-ish to the GTX 750/ti.

Edited original post. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about AMD cards.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home