Beastly AMD Rig Problems?

BushyAssAssin

Hello everyone so my rig specs are listed below but im having a problem. I've see benchmarks with roughly the same rig and theyre benchmarks are blowing mine out of the water. So I began testing... double checked the temps cards are not over heating, checked each card individually and both seem perfectly fine. Also forgot to mention games like GTA 5 and CoD AW run for about 15 min at 20-25fps then crash and I cant figure out why. Then, someone proposed my power supply may be insufficient. Please take a look below and let me know if you guys think that's plausible.

cpu- amd fx 9590 @ stock speed

cooler- h100i

mobo- msi 990fxa-gd80v2

ram- 16gb corsair vengeance pro
graphics- (2) asus r9 290x dcuii in crossfire

power supply- corsair ax860 80+ platinum

put a good CPU in that build and you wont have any bottlenecks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

put a good CPU in that build and you wont have any bottlenecks

cut the sass, that's not the issue here and he already has it. 

nothing can be done.

let's start with sanity checks, do you actually have Crossfire enabled?

you have plenty of power

how are your CPU and GPU loads in Task Manager and Afterburner (or whatever you use)

monitor your GPU clock speeds while it's under load to be certain there is absolutely zero throttling

Hello everyone so my rig specs are listed below but im having a problem. I've see benchmarks with roughly the same rig and theyre benchmarks are blowing mine out of the water. So I began testing... double checked the temps cards are not over heating, checked each card individually and both seem perfectly fine. Also forgot to mention games like GTA 5 and CoD AW run for about 15 min at 20-25fps then crash and I cant figure out why. Then, someone proposed my power supply may be insufficient. Please take a look below and let me know if you guys think that's plausible.

cpu- amd fx 9590 @ stock speed

cooler- h100i

mobo- msi 990fxa-gd80v2

ram- 16gb corsair vengeance pro

graphics- (2) asus r9 290x dcuii in crossfire

power supply- corsair ax860 80+ platinum

Why did you buy a 9590.  They're a total ripoff... Just an overclocked 8350.  Also the DCUII cards on the Radeon side often have problems.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

nothing can be done.

you have plenty of power

how are your CPU and GPU loads in Task Manager and Afterburner (or whatever you use)

unless the benchmarks he has been looking at are using a 9590, its definitely his CPU bringing the score down a lot

maybe you havent seen how much the 9590 is a bottleneck? there are plenty of benchmarks to prove it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

unless the benchmarks he has been looking at are using a 9590, its definitely his CPU bringing the score down a lot

maybe you havent seen how much the 9590 is a bottleneck? there are plenty of benchmarks to prove it

Do you actually believe your own post?

A 9590 brings GTAV to 20 FPS because Rockstar did that poor of a job with multicore support.

Why not fucking help the guy instead of sling shit at his build? 

I swear to god why bother with this forum 

well buddy SOMETHING has to be a bottleneck in a system. shitting on his rig isn't helping, 15-25fps is not normal for that set up

Why did you buy a 9590.  They're a total ripoff... Just an overclocked 8350.  Also the DCUII cards on the Radeon side often have problems.

dcuii on my 7950 kept it cool up to 1250mhz, compared to the stock 800 just fine mate. 

OP, check temps, check drivers, and try with only one graphics card

well buddy SOMETHING has to be a bottleneck in a system. shitting on his rig isn't helping, 15-25fps is not normal for that set up

dcuii on my 7950 kept it cool up to 1250mhz, compared to the stock 800 just fine mate. 

OP, check temps, check drivers, and try with only one graphics card

not talking about the temps.  I was talking about how tons of people got faulty cards, or cards that started artifacting well within the warranty period.  Maybe it's okay now, but I wouldn't take the chance.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Why not fucking help the guy instead of sling shit at his build? 

I swear to god why bother with this forum 

people like to pull dumb shit just for likes instead of helping the person in need, but that kind of happens with the internet. this forum tends to be good until it comes to AMD. I mean they are pretty good about apple surprisingly. 

I bother with it because people need help, and obviously others wont help and push people out of forums simply because their high end rig is diffrent then how a posters high end rig is. 

edit:

not talking about the temps.  I was talking about how tons of people got faulty cards, or cards that started artifacting well within the warranty period.  Maybe it's okay now, but I wouldn't take the chance.

Really? i never noticed/heard of it with mine. I mean its possible, I just never heard of that issue. I actually loved my dcuii. good ol' triple slot. 

nothing can be done.

you have plenty of power

monitor your GPU clock speeds while it's under load to be certain there is absolutely zero throttling

haha "sanity checks" yes all of this is fine cpu load, gpu load all is fine and even checked for throttling there is ZERO

so just did a couple passes in unigin heaven 4.0 (single monitor 1080p, full screen, DX11, 8xAA, Ultra, Extreme tessellation, vsync off and heres what I found...

Score of 1376 (definately too low for crossfire 290x's)

Card 1 reached 90 degrees but ZERO throttling, Card 2 had 0 percent load on core but some memory was used

Cpu load was around 20% and stayed around 54 degrees

I recorded using open hardware monitor and yes, CF is enabled, ulps is disabled in afterburner, and have tested both cards by themselves without the other and they test fine

Dude test your rig with ONE graphics card. If the problem goes away and benchmarks are in line with simular PROBLEM solved.

Dude test your rig with ONE graphics card. If the problem goes away and benchmarks are in line with simular PROBLEM solved.

I did that and both cards tested the exact same with flying colors

I did that and both cards tested the exact same with flying colors

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7481/the-amd-radeon-r9-290-review/15

Basically it says 350 to 380 watts per card plus the 220 watts for the cpu not including mem etc

All I did is google r9 290 tdp load

Its the power supply thats killing ya. IMHO

Im just a truckdriver who likes this stuff

Always new Intel fanboys where dumb as a box of rocks.......I could NOT resist that:)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7481/the-amd-radeon-r9-290-review/15

Basically it says 350 to 380 watts per card plus the 220 watts for the cpu not including mem etc

All I did is google r9 290 tdp load

Its the power supply thats killing ya. IMHO

Im just a truckdriver who likes this stuff

Their graphs say total system loads though... I mean if that were the case the power supply wouldnt be the issue but idk lol thats why I posted this thread

Their graphs say total system loads though... I mean if that were the case the power supply wouldnt be the issue but idk lol thats why I posted this thread

are you using standard or omega drivers?

if you're using omega try rolling back to a previous version omega 

PSU should not be an issue, this seems to be something with CF.

That unit can deliver more than 860 anyway.

I'll give that a try do you recommend any software to totally wipe a driver before a new install? Or should I just install a previous version?

I'll give that a try do you recommend any software to totally wipe a driver before a new install? Or should I just install a previous version?

Why not reinstall the whole thing using DDU? I'm not very experienced , so I'm just suggesting 

Why not reinstall the whole thing using DDU? I'm not very experienced , so I'm just suggesting 

DDU is the tool to use. 

Wherever you got it from and especially guru3d be careful when you're downloading it and what you click on.

They like to include bundled software "for your convenience" 

DDU is the tool to use. 

Wherever you got it from and especially guru3d be careful when you're downloading it and what you click on.

They like to include bundled software "for your convenience" 

mhm, I always hate software that does that, luckily sometimes you can see what you're getting if I'm right

I haven't read the rules yet ( if there are any ). But Bushy, your problem fixed?

Question what is your RAM speed clocked at? And are you overclocking anything?

Bush, is your 2nd gpu damaged at all? Since you said 1 card was hitting 90C and the other one like did nothing if I'm right.

Edit : Both cards worked since you tested each of them separately.

Actually check in your AMD Catalyst or whatever if it has both of the cards selected, I think theres an option, also check if you can run both cards CF off ( < That suggestion with CF I don't know, so don't take my word for it )

Fucking tell me about it. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!