What CPU's can i upgrade to?

If you find a new BIOS for it then it probably should work with IB

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It's socket 1155 so you will be able to run Ivy Bridge, however you won't have the features such as PCie 3.0 or Lucid Virtue MVP.

Yeah you can run an Ivy-bridge chip, but just like the mod said, you won't be able to use features for that chip unless you upgrade to a new motherboard.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

It's socket 1155 so you will be able to run Ivy Bridge, however you won't have the features such as PCie 3.0 or Lucid Virtue MVP.
Not true at all...

If the motherboard's BIOS doesn't support IB (by the looks of it, it doesn't), then it won't work. Just because it uses the same socket, doesn't mean it's compatible.

Not true at all... If the motherboard's BIOS doesn't support IB (by the looks of it' date=' it doesn't), then it won't work. Just because it uses the same socket, doesn't mean it's compatible.[/quote']

Sorry, you're right; i was under the assumption it had a BIOS update available as i saw it did have a BIOS update available to download; however, it mentions nothing of Ivy Bridge compatibility. Here if you're interested

Agree with the above, no reference for Ivybridge in the BIOS update and a search through google brings nothing up confirming Ivybridge support. I would side on the fact that it will not support it.

This is a list of cpus the H61 chipset supports. And like mentioned above You will not have all the features of ivy bridge.

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_%28chipsets%29/H61_Express.html

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

It maybe a 1155 board but it doesn't mean it will support Ivy. If you look on the processor upgrade information section, it only supports Sandy Bridge. The latest Bios update only fixes some bugs but CPU support for Ivy.

I would just like to throw in there that if you're going to spend the $$$ to buy a 3570K, you should probably just pony up some extra money for a good Motherboard, and a decent graphics card. Otherwise there's really no point in even upgrading the processor at all. I would hope you knew this already, and that you already have a decent GFX card in there, but if you're planning on using onboard, don't bother. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

What CPU are you using now? If you are running that board, I assume you are running either a Sandy Bridge i3 or i5, you don't really need to upgrade do you? I would wait for Haswell, you won't find a big performance increase if you upgrade to a 3570.