Cherry MX Help?

Random32

I have a Rosewill RK9000v2 with Cherry MX RED Switches. I want to buy some switches off a site and then mod some of the switches on my keyboard with blues, blacks, and browns. I have several questions:
How do I know if my keys are PCB or Plate mounted?
Have any of you done this before with your mechanical keyboards? If so, please share your experience.

Can anyone walk me through the process of doing this?

CPU: i7 2600k @4.2GHz GPU: GTX 660 Power Supply: EVGA SupernovaNEX 750W 80+ Bronze RAM: 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws X

I have a Rosewill RK9000v2 with Cherry MX RED Switches. I want to buy some switches off a site and then mod some of the switches on my keyboard with blues, blacks, and browns. I have several questions:

How do I know if my keys are PCB or Plate mounted?

Have any of you done this before with your mechanical keyboards? If so, please share your experience.

Can anyone walk me through the process of doing this?

@Charger @TheProfosist

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

always with the tagging why dont you help people lol

its easy to tell if they are pcb or plate mount just by opening the keyboard and looking at the bottom of the pcb if you see one larger post and 2 smaller ones for each switch that is pcb mount if it is just a single larger post in the middle of the switch that is plate mount.

this is the bottom of the switches

plate_pcb.jpg

well then get to work on that

RIP STRMfrmXMN

???? - 6/14/2015 2:35PM PST

CPU: i7 2600k @4.2GHz GPU: GTX 660 Power Supply: EVGA SupernovaNEX 750W 80+ Bronze RAM: 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws X

always with the tagging why dont you help people lol

its easy to tell if they are pcb or plate mount just by opening the keyboard and looking at the bottom of the pcb if you see one larger post and 2 smaller ones for each switch that is pcb mount if it is just a single larger post in the middle of the switch that is plate mount.

this is the bottom of the switches

plate_pcb.jpg

Also most of the time if their snapped into a plate their plate mount.

Also most of the time if their snapped into a plate their plate mount.

most maybe but not all my tg3 keyboard I used as parts for my keyboard was pcb mount switches even though it was plate mount as well. Although assuming the plate isn't crap then plate mount switch switches should work fine I would assume.

most maybe but not all my tg3 keyboard I used as parts for my keyboard was pcb mount switches even though it was plate mount as well. Although assuming the plate isn't crap then plate mount switch switches should work fine I would assume.

Generally you don't do ate and pcb mount unless your me....

Generally you don't do ate and pcb mount unless your me....

i have plate and pcb mount in my keyboard but their is no pcb lol