Asus n15 really slow wifi

xnoobftw

So my powerline adapter died and i went ahead to get a n15 wireless adapter

My speeds were like this

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4431997566.png

Anyone knows how can i improve it? My internet speed is 10Mbps

The reason why i didnt get powerline adapter again it's because for some

reason when my bro and i were to use it at the same time we will have frequent disconnects (otherwise it works perfectly fine)

If anyone could tell me why for the 2 question i have it would be awesome :D

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

How far away are we talking here? Can you test the speed on your phone or tablet and see how they do?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How far away are we talking here? Can you test the speed on your phone or tablet and see how they do?

Like around 3 meters from the router with 1 glass door in between

i get 8mbps on my phone

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Hi Noobftw,

Powerline adapters can be very strange at times, as it relies on having a decent in wall connections. If for example you have two wall sockets and one with a powerline the other with a charger, fairly often the powerline connection will drop or get really slow. This is just a draw back of having a powerline adapter.

As for your wireless connection, it will often depend on a number of things.

1) Your location to the router or access point. - How far away are you located from it, what model of router do you have?

2) The walls or amount of material located between you and the router.

3) Is this a dual band or single band adapter? In addition have you checked the routers wireless channel? - In some cases it can because of interference from other wireless signals in the area.

I would suggest this to anyone, if you can get an Ethernet line to the router do it. I would only use wireless if there is no chance of a direct connection.

Connor Freebairn - ConnorFreebairn@newman.cumbria.sch.uk
IT Technician & Certified computer geek.

Hi Noobftw,

Powerline adapters can be very strange at times, as it relies on having a decent in wall connections. If for example you have two wall sockets and one with a powerline the other with a charger, fairly often the powerline connection will drop or get really slow. This is just a draw back of having a powerline adapter.

1) Your location to the router or access point. - How far away are you located from it, what model of router do you have?

3) Is this a dual band or single band adapter? In addition have you checked the routers wireless channel? - In some cases it can because of interference from other wireless signals in the area.

I would suggest this to anyone, if you can get an Ethernet line to the router do it. I would only use wireless if there is no chance of a direct connection.

1) around 3 meters to router

The generic ones that comes with the ISP provider

2)1 glass door in between

3)dualband! I have the asus n15 PCIE.

Nope... How do you check that? :o

I cant really get a direct connection....

Hi Noobftw,

Would installing a wifi extender like right beside the PC help?

Hopefully aztech would replace my half assed powerline adapter with a wifi extender...

But would the problem still persist? (like what i mentioned in the OP) like when 3 or more powerline adapters are working at one time the entire internet thingy goes to crap