A build with 2 GPUs or with an SSD?

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Pretty much, yeah. If I buy 1 GTX 960, I get one for free.

For the games, I only play Battlefield 4, Metro Redux and GTA 5. All of them are at 1920 x 1080. My current GPU (GTX 480) can play them nicely but only at low-medium.

just get the 2 960's sell one and get an ssd, you will even have money left over.

I am currently building another PC and I was wondering, which one is better? Both of them have an Intel Core i5-4460, an MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard and 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X. Those are the only parts that I have purchased, I haven't purchased a GPU yet, which leads to my question. Which one should I go with, 2 GTX 960 or 1 256GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD? The GTX 960 is currently being offered as, "Buy 1, Take 1" in my local parts retailer. So which one is worth it?

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Wait, so you get a free GTX 960?

P.S It depends what kind of games you will be playing and at what resolution.

Neither are necessary so it is now a question of what takes priority.

Wait, so you get a free GTX 960?

P.S It depends what kind of games you will be playing and at what resolution.

Neither are necessary so it is now a question of what takes priority.

For the games, I only play Battlefield 4, Metro Redux and GTA 5. All of them are at 1920 x 1080. My current GPU (GTX 480) can play them nicely but only at low-medium.

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Wait.... you bought a 4460 with a z97 board? wut. And don't buy a 960. get a 280x.

I get $100 off if I buy the i5-4460 and the Z97 board together. So yeah.

But if you're getting a free 960, why not SSD and 960?

Anyway if you can only afford one IMO I would go for the SSD.

Games like battlefield almost require an SSD to not load in the game 3 years later.

Seems like a pretty good deal for me. You get the performance of a 970 for like half the price

just get the 2 960's sell one and get an ssd, you will even have money left over.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

But if you're getting a free 960, why not SSD and 960?

Anyway if you can only afford one IMO I would go for the SSD.

Games like battlefield almost require an SSD to not load in the game 3 years later.

I can only afford 1, so yeah.

So you can only afford 1 when you get a second one free? I don't get it..

I meant I can only afford 1 part at a time. So it's either the SSD or the GPU.

Also 850 Evo > 840 Evo.