Why so much hate for Thermaltake?

KarateHottie93

I don't get it. I can't stand these Fractal Design and CaseLabs fan boys. How can anyone say Thermaltake coppied them when pretty much every case maker there is has coppied Thermaltake in some way? Thermaltake pushed for internal water cooling as much as anyone back in the day. If you wanna talk about making plain looking square cases than can't you say Fractal Design coppied SilverStone?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

imma say it real simple 

its not about the looks its about the quality. Thats what defines companies.thermal takes stuff might look the same (kinda) but in reality they are MUCH MUCH lower quality

then you have the level 10 case which is the best thing ever

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

because they are copying cases, waterclocks, fittings, fans, and a crapload of other products that were designed by other companies

basically they are reproducing exactly what other companies have made with cheaper quality materials and labour

sort of like what china does with american products

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Depends on what it is. I've had my Armor LCS since 2008 and it's the highest build quality case I've ever seen. The thing is barely a full tower by todays standards and weighs over 40 pounds of thick metal.

I don't get it. I can't stand these Fractal Design and CaseLabs fan boys. How can anyone say Thermaltake coppied them when pretty much every case maker there is has coppied Thermaltake in some way? Thermaltake pushed for internal water cooling as much as anyone back in the day. If you wanna talk about making plain looking square cases than can't you say Fractal Design coppied SilverStone?

Had Thermaltake JUST released something that looked liked one of the Case Labs cases or just the suppressor it would be a different story. But they released multiple cases and other computer components that look almost identical to components from other companies. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Also their internal layout is completely different than Fractal. By that logic, once again Fractal coppied SilverStone with high quality swquare silent cases.

Also their internal layout is completely different than Fractal. By that logic, once again Fractal coppied SilverStone with high quality swquare silent cases.

and the antec define

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They are doing what most companies do but, we hate them for it. Honestly idc about it much. There are worse companies, atleast we don't subsidise thier low wages up to a living wage (not saying they should make less than living wage) if you don't like it don't buy it, vote with your wallet.

Had Thermaltake JUST released something that looked liked one of the Case Labs cases or just the suppressor it would be a different story. But they released multiple cases and other computer components that look almost identical to components from other companies.

And that makes sense. The CaseLabs one is a good point but I think they deserve a free pass there for pushing interal rads as much as they did back in the day. As for Fractal though, I just don't get it. Everything they have done has been done before.

Except the exterior is arguably more represntative of a case than the internals. Sure, having a good internal layout is extremely important, but anyone who is buying a case (excluding those who go purely for function) look for cases they like the looks of first, and THEN go for the one that best meets their functional needs/budget (while those who buy for function choose a case/s that best suit their functional needs/budget and then opt for the one that's most aesthetically pleasing).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

ThermalFake has made blatant copies of other manufacturers products. There is a difference between copying an idea, and copying a product.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

They stole the case designs of Fractal and Case Labs.

Give it like a week and no one will remember it.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

ThermalFake has made blatant copies of other manufacturers products. There is a difference between copying an idea, and copying a product.

How come nobody cried when everyone ripped off the Silencer 750 QUAD? Products get coppied all the time and nobody cares. There is really nothing about saying they coppied Fractal that makes sense though. The Define has been made 1000 times before by everyone else already.

i'm just happy there's more affordable stuff for poor people like me lol

CaseLabs prices are ridiculous, and they dont have dust filters.

Luckily ThermalFake has made something a human can afford, and has dust filters 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

CaseLabs prices are ridiculous, and they dont have dust filters.

Luckily ThermalFake has made something a human can afford, and has dust filters 

They aren't ridiculous, they're what it costs when you have a case milled from aluminum or steel. That shit is expensive. Not to mention hand painting (instead of a robot, or more likely, colored plastic).

That being said, I've no hate for thermaltake, they took a good idea, tweaked it, made it affordable, and ran with it. As Linus himself said, "that's innovation, that's how the industry works".

People need to stop bitching about this, because it's just pointless. They ALL copy each other in some way. If you're going to accuse TT of copying Caselabs, then you ought to be accusing Caselabs of Copying Mountain Mods.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs