Is it worth buying a 7970 now?

notenoughtv

The preformance is back and forth with games on the 7970 and 770. You can get the 7970 for $30 or more less than a 770 and it has 1gb more vram.

I'd have to say 7970, also the 7970 is a beast overclocker so that pushes the card a bit above the 770 in most games. Of course there are some games optimized for certain cards, but for the most part the overclocked 7970 will beat an overclocked 770 from what I've seen.

The 770 doesn't overclock that much from what I've heard, its like a 680 at its max, so there isn't very far left to go as far as overclocking.

If you like your PhysX and Cuda and Shadowplay or whatever, go for it.

I like the brute speed and the price/preformance ratio of the 7970, but thats just me.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

The preformance is back and forth with games on the 7970 and 770. You can get the 7970 for $30 or more less than a 770 and it has 1gb more vram.

I'd have to say 7970, also the 7970 is a beast overclocker so that pushes the card a bit above the 770 in most games. Of course there are some games optimized for certain cards, but for the most part the overclocked 7970 will beat an overclocked 770 from what I've seen.

The 770 doesn't overclock that much from what I've heard, its like a 680 at its max, so there isn't very far left to go as far as overclocking.

If you like your PhysX and Cuda and Shadowplay or whatever, go for it.

I like the brute speed and the price/preformance ratio of the 7970, but thats just me.

THANKYOU! :D

You are wrong sir. Do some research before you make these posts.

I know right like c'mon we all know what that dude said before was wrong

680 does NOT , I repeat DOES NOT , "destroy" a 7970,

Nor does a 7970 "destroy a 680,

I like the 7970 over 680 but that's just me, but in terms of brute power the 7970 does pull ahead of 680 ( and it's revamp , the 77 towards , which in fact is as said below is the 680 pushed to its max, so not much more Overclocking

But 7970 comes with a larger bus ( 384 vs 256 ) and 1 GB of extra VRAM( 3gb vs 2gb)

It also , beats a 680/770 once Overclocked to moderate level ( factoring in the 680/770 is also overlclocked to similar levels)

You are wrong sir. Do some research before you make these posts.

My posts are based on pre-driver, I haven't seen any benchmarks after drivers

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why the hell would you give out false information then? Old information? You sir, baffle me.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

Why the hell would you give out false information then? Old information? You sir, baffle me.

Not false information, just out-dated. I'll read some benchmarks right now then.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why bother ?

1. You're a fanboy ( in my eyes ) , and a hardcore one at that. But also you're using outdated information.

Please get your facts straight next time so you don't embarrass yourself

Why bother ?

1. You're a fanboy ( in my eyes ) , and a hardcore one at that. But also you're using outdated information.

Please get your facts straight next time so you don't embarrass yourself

No, you're an AMD fanboy. There are games where the 680 will beat the 7970. They do have some desireable features that are avalible to people with one monitor (PhysX and shadowplay) and also have better 3d vision support.

If you deny that these are some things that make Nvidia cards better in some aspects, then you're the real fanboy here.

Stop calling people fanboys for no reason, its annoying as hell.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Fine.. I give in ..

I give up ! I honestly do

But those facts, ON OUTDATED DRIVERS

no .. I'm not an AMD fanboy. I love both but Overclocking I'd go for AMD

Multiple graphics card setups NVIDIA ALL THE WAY

Though the crossfirex issues can be fixed (mostly with radeonpro)

Having games on both I know that some of NVIDIA cards do absolutely shit on AMD cards

Thought AMD's prices and deals are awesome ( admit it :p)

If I had 4000AUD to spend on a computer I would so hardcore go sli Titan . And ask my cuz to custom water cool it. ( he's got sli Titan in one of his systems , hes got a custom loop :/ , he's too rich for his own good I say )

So no I'm not a fanboy

I just love the 7970 for its Overclocking potential