Flashing DD-WRT on my old router

79wjd

So I may have bricked my router.... I have an old Netgear WNDR4500 (N900) router that I wanted to flash DD-WRT onto, so I followed the steps here (I have the 12v 5a version). But after installing the DD-WRT firmware the lights never turned green, so after about 30 minutes I tried resetting the router again, but now the power LED won't even turn green to allow me to reset it. So is there any way to unbrick it and try again? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well if you are handy with a soldiering iron you are going to need to solder onto the console pins or if they dont have them you will need to solder directly onto the firmware chip and directly flash to it.... Personally its ALOT of work and you will need to know what you are doing. You need to pray there is a guide for it somewhere else its your new doorstop.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So I may have bricked my router.... I have an old Netgear WNDR4500 (N900) router that I wanted to flash DD-WRT onto, so I followed the steps here (I have the 12v 5a version). But after installing the DD-WRT firmware the lights never turned green, so after about 30 minutes I tried resetting the router again, but now the power LED won't even turn green to allow me to reset it. So is there any way to unbrick it and try again? 

Have you tried pinging it?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Have you tried pinging it?

yep, it fails.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

yep, it fails.

Did you wait 5 minutes after you flashed the firmware? It's a Broadcom router, these tend to be tricky.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Did you wait 5 minutes after you flashed the firmware? It's a Broadcom router, these tend to be tricky.

I waited about 30 minutes after flashing it and still nothing, so I tried to unplug/reset it again. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I waited about 30 minutes after flashing it and still nothing, so I tried to unplug/reset it again. 

I could get it back running..but I would have to actually have the router on hand

its basically a timing thing

I doubt I could explain how to do it

basically you need a TFTP client and have to get the timing and rest button presses and power cable pulling right

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile