Overheat

Captain Of Light

So basically i have a computer with supposedly really cold fans. I have 7 fans including the two on my liquid cooler. My issue isnthat my computer shuts off for either overheating or no reason. I dont know why because my gpu is aways cold and my cpu is liquid cooled with a 100i gtx. I dont know why my pc shuts off for no reason or for overheating. Would anyone know why?

is it a new PC?

how's the PSU?

able to run everything under load?

what are you doing with PC when it shuts down?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

PSU might be the issue if it is shutting down out of the blue. Then again, maybe your 100i is fucking up, rare but not impossible with AIO coolers.

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Can we have some temps?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

PSU might be the issue if it is shutting down out of the blue. Then again, maybe your 100i is fucking up, rare but not impossible with AIO coolers.

It cant be, its 1000 watts

is it a new PC?

how's the PSU?

able to run everything under load?

what are you doing with PC when it shuts down?

Not new psu is good i can run everything and when it shuts down either nothing or rendering. Most of the time nothing

It cant be, its 1000 watts

You are mistaken. If the PSU's quality is dirt shit, it doesn't matter if you have 235k Watts. 

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Cold?

Define cold

What are your specs?

Specs

Amd 8core fx 4.0 ghz

H100i gtx

Not sure of motherboard name

16gb ram

R9 290

1000 watt psu

1tb hdd

You are mistaken. If the PSU's quality is dirt shit, it doesn't matter if you have 235k Watts.

Its a corsair 1000w and idk the name but its orange

Specs

Amd 8core fx 4.0 ghz

H100i gtx

16gb ram

R9 290

1000 watt psu

1tb hdd

How cold is it?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Specs

Amd 8core fx 4.0 ghz

H100i gtx

16gb ram

R9 290

1000 watt psu

1tb hdd

Could be the CPU cooler easily, I'm guessing you have the FX 8350, which heats up like lava in microseconds. Have you overclocked the CPU? What efficiency is your PSU?

Blog thingy <----

Its a corsair 1000w and idk the name but its orange

You can't possibly think we can solve your issue by guessing whatever the hell hardware you have.

Blog thingy <----

You can't possibly think we can solve your issue by guessing whatever the hell hardware you have.

Alright I got it, its a corsair rm 1000 watt power supply. Let me know if you need any other specs. 

Could be the CPU cooler easily, I'm guessing you have the FX 8350, which heats up like lava in microseconds. Have you overclocked the CPU? What efficiency is your PSU?

Also I do have the FX 8350, it is over clocked from 4.0 to 4.2 ghz and my Psu is gold efficiency.

Alright I got it, its a corsair rm 1000 watt power supply. Let me know if you need any other specs. 

Pretty solid PSU, don't think it's the issue but still a possibility. Some CPU temps would help as some other users asked for. It would help determine the pattern occurring if there is one to observe.

Blog thingy <----

Also I do have the FX 8350, it is over clocked from 4.0 to 4.2 ghz and my Psu is gold efficiency.

Try and return you CPU to base clock and leave it there of a couple of days, see if the problem persists. 

Blog thingy <----

Pretty solid PSU, don't think it's the issue but still a possibility. Some CPU temps would help as some other users asked for. It would help determine the pattern occurring if there is one to observe.

Its at 70 - 90 degrees fehrenheit (idk how to spell that lmao) and I saw on some website called CPU World that the highest it should be at is 140.. I doubt that though. 

It's clear you don't do computers for a living.

Did you overclock your CPU and left your voltage on stock? If so there's a chance it's overvolting like no tomorrow.

Which could move the problem from the CPU to the motherboard.

It's not a race to the bottom.

It's clear you don't do computers for a living.

Did you overclock your CPU and left your voltage on stock? If so there's a chance it's overvolting like no tomorrow.

Which could move the problem from the CPU to the motherboard.

Its pretty clear you don't either LMAO

Its obvious that he's new to this, but there was no need for you to point that out.

Not that being new is a bad thing..... You gotta start somewhere.

Its pretty clear you don't either LMAO

Its obvious that he's new to this, but there was no need for you to point that out.

Not that being new is a bad thing..... You gotta start somewhere.

Agreed, no need to be a cunt. Everybody gotta start from somewhere.

Blog thingy <----

Try increasing the CPU core voltage a little bit to see if it stops crashing. I'm talking 0.05 v. Only a tiny bit. Run a stress test then check your temps (use Prime95 for stress test then coretemp to monitor temps) keep doing that until your temp are almost uncomfortable then back it off. Should be fine :)

Try increasing the CPU core voltage a little bit to see if it stops crashing. I'm talking 0.05 v. Only a tiny bit. Run a stress test then check your temps (use Prime95 for stress test then coretemp to monitor temps) keep doing that until your temp are almost uncomfortable then back it off. Should be fine :)