Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Jessop

I own a Razer Blackwidow Chroma with green switches and a corsair K70 with Cherry MX reds - here are my observations

Overall the Blackwidow is a really good product but if someone were to ask me what it would take to raise this to the top  - here's what I would tell them 

Hold down the W key down in a game where it's used to walk forward - rotate your finger in a circular motion on the W key - does it stay upright or does it bend all over and follow your finger - 

if you using a Razer mechanical 2014 or later model i'm betting the key wobbles all over and follows your finger - now go over to a Cherry MX switch keyboard and do the same test - observe the results  -

I wish linus would do a key wobble test of all major mechanical keyboards and post the Results so ppl could choose a product based on Fact and not hype

Razer key switches are utter CRAP IMHO - I wish a Razer Rep would contact me so that i could educate them on what they need to be doing to make their keyboards better.

oh and another thing - only a Retard would place a USB slot on the right hand side where most right handed ppl place a mouse mat and use a mouse - why on earth put a USB slot right next to a mouse where it'll be in the way and probably get bumped and break

you can see the product was designed by ppl that type and do research - not game players  

LOL

having said all of the above - I do like the Razer blackwidow Chroma very much - the software is tops - the keyboard features / macro keys / and design is also really good - except for the hardly visible lights to show - scroll lock - caps lock - and gaming mode - and the placement of the headphone / mic and usb slot on the right 

1. Fix the hardly visible - caps lock / scroll lock / game mode LED's 

2. Put the USB / headphone and mic Jacks  somewhere far away from where ppl use their mouse -

3. get PROPER quality control to completely eliminate  key wobble - I mean ELIMINATE  - it can be done Razer - if we can put satellites in space - keyboards can be built with ZERO key wobble

4. get high quality Key caps - double shot PBT   - the keycaps on my Chroma BL feel paper thin

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

Your last point pretty much summed up my main problems with both keyboards mentioned. They demand a premium price, yet have crappy, thin, ABS keycaps.

I've been saying this for a while people!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I personally really love the keyboard, that being said I have a much better keyboard that I would really like to use but I really love the chroma stuff. That's honestly the only reason I got it. I have the Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate and Naga Chroma. As for the usb and auiod jacks on the side, terrible fucking idea. I understand it's because they want you to run your mouse through there but why have to put it right next to the mouse? Unless it's a wireless mouse with a tiny little receiver it's rather pointless. However it hasn't really been an issue for me because of where I place my house it was no where near my keyboard and it does not interfere whatsoever. I also don't set me keyboard and mouse up like normal people do either. Most people find my setup rather uncomfortable. 

Conclusion though, Razer is a great company, makes great mice. Naga is by far one of the best I have ever used. Their keyboards really do lack in quality. Don't know if you've had this problem but when playing a game sometimes A or D will stick when you press down on them. Literally the only keys I've had that problem with but still not cool. They need to work on their products and make them better. To good a company to let their keyboards slack off.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Overall - having said all that I've said in my earlier posts - I do love the Razer Blackwidow Chroma - and it's still my keyboard of choice -  warts and all.

the overall design , software , led brightness , and macro keys swing it to the top for me - 

now if only Razer listened and fixed all the bad stuff then this would basically be a desert Island keyboard for me 

1. Fix the hardly visible - caps lock / scroll lock / game mode LED's

2. Put the USB / headphone and mic Jacks  somewhere far away from where ppl use their mouse -

3. get PROPER quality control to completely eliminate  key wobble - I mean ELIMINATE  - it can be done Razer - if we can put satellites in space - keyboards can be built with ZERO key wobble

4. get high quality Key caps - double shot PBT 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU