Corsair K70 RGB vs other mechanical keyboards

FjmmeBD

Good afternoon people, i'm new here, so excuse me if i am doing or asking anything dumb.

So i am a huge counter-strike:GO player, very casual, but i'm looking into investing into a new keyboard to use.

I never had any experience with mechanical keyboards and can't try one because tech stores in my country don't sell mech keyboards. I have watched tons of reviews, and overviews explaining all the different switches and i'm split between the MX red and MX blue. 

I'm only using the keyboard for gaming but i would also like a pleasent key pressing experience.

I saw these keyboards.

Corsair K70 rgb (MX RED)

Razer Blackwidow Chroma(Razer switches)

Asus strix pro(MX blue and brown) 

Steelseries 6vg2(Not sure on the switches)

Are Mx red keys necessary for corner peeking or any counter-strike like moves or will the blues do just fine?

My budget is up to 170 euros and i would really like rgb lighting 

I would enjoy recommendations. 

Thank you in advance!

i liked red much better for gaming :)

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

No switch is going to make you better at gaming, but MX Reds are "built for gamers".

I would personally tell you to just get which switch you're comfortable with typing on, or just one you like best, or however you wanna put it.

I'd also look at build quality. I can vouch for Corsair's keyboards being built semi-tough with the metal plate that the switches are sitting on.

Good afternoon people, i'm new here, so excuse me if i am doing or asking anything dumb.

So i am a huge counter-strike:GO player, very casual, but i'm looking into investing into a new keyboard to use.

I never had any experience with mechanical keyboards and can't try one because tech stores in my country don't sell mech keyboards. I have watched tons of reviews, and overviews explaining all the different switches and i'm split between the MX red and MX blue. 

I'm only using the keyboard for gaming but i would also like a pleasent key pressing experience.

I saw these keyboards.

Corsair K70 rgb (MX RED)

Razer Blackwidow Chroma(Razer switches)

Asus strix pro(MX blue and brown) 

Steelseries 6vg2(Not sure on the switches)

Are Mx red keys necessary for corner peeking or any counter-strike like moves or will the blues do just fine?

My budget is up to 170 euros and i would really like rgb lighting 

I would enjoy recommendations. 

Thank you in advance!

I have the Blackwidow Chroma and like it better than the Corsaur K70 RGB. It leads down to a matter of opinion. If you have a location near you where you can try them, go there.

i liked red much better for gaming :)

Ew

I have the K70 RGB, with MX Brown. Hands down the best combination.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Red or browns for life imho. Browns are just as usable and both are significantly lighter to press than any other switch (this also means they are much quieter..)

Unless you really want RGB lighting, the k70 red is really handy for 40 USD cheaper and comes in brown or red switches. (it also uses only hardware options so no shitty software to deal with).

EDIT: You really want RGB... kk, then imho the only useable switches that don't drive me insane are mx red, mx brown, and Romer-G (although the only keyboard that uses them atm is really childish imho. Great switch, terrible looking keyboard).

Blue is too loud and heavy for me same all the rest.

if you shop on line the k70 should be available in both.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Thank you all for your answers, so you all agree that the blues will be exactly the same as the reds in terms of performance?

Thank you all for your answers, so you all agree that the blues will be exactly the same as the reds in terms of performance?

I don't agree. I mean honestly it wont make much of a difference (as in you can still do everything it just might be slightly slower), but blues are loud as fuck and rather heavy. Nothing more annoying than hearing a super loud keyboard clicking away during gameplay.

For gaming only red and brown (and Romer-G) are prime.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Would you say the blues are more satisfiable to click or is it just an internet bandwagon?

I love browns. i have had two brown switch keyboards and the only other switch i like is blacks for the most part. just depends on how you want to type or game. you really should test them first its the best way.

Would you say the blues are more satisfiable to click or is it just an internet bandwagon?

The blues have a very satisfying click and a tactile bump, whereas reds are linear and have no click (which can be annoying to type on). So no, it is not an internet bandwagon. But in the end it really comes down to personal preference. Just get what you think suits you best.

Hi.

The thing is i am very very limited on choices, unless someone can recommend me an online store in europe wich sells all those keyboards.

From my countries stores i can only buy the

Corsair k70 rgb in MX RED

Razer blackwidow

Steelseries 6vg2

The thing is i am very very limited on choices, unless someone can recommend me an online store in europe wich sells all those keyboards.

From my countries stores i can only buy the

Corsair k70 rgb in MX RED

Razer blackwidow

Steelseries 6vg2

Amazon.

Hi.

Ew

I have the K70 RGB, with MX Brown. Hands down the best combination.

I agree, I have the same. Love the Browns over the Reds for gaming and general use

Do you really need backlighting - because Cherry make their own keyboards that are excellent - the MX Board 3.0 in particular (no backlight) and it's also one of the least expensive genuine Cherry switch boards available.

Cherry also released a new board this month called the MX Board 6.0 with some new hardcore speed key switches (paraphrased from elsewhere) and red backlighting (Linus did a short video on it a couple of months ago at CES 2015). No reviews out yet that I can find, only preview articles and videos.

Since Cherry are the industry standard in key switches I would wait on a new purchase now, until we find out how badass these new 'Real Keys' are.