Custom Spray Painting an SSD

Superheroguy89

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible or smart to custom paint my SSD

The problem is that my SSD is blue, yet the rest of my build is Black and White.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820228116

That is the link to the SSD. I was thinking of painting it with a similar OCZ 4 diagonal line pattern, just in black and white.

Would that work?

Also would it void the warranty? If so, should I leave it in the system unpainted for a bit to make sure it isn't dead?

Finally, any paint recommendations?

Thanks

I'd leave that and let it become the tiny accent in the case or just hid it behind the back of the mobo

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Refer to my answer for your GPU question. Just make sure to properly cover the io for the drive and you should be just fine.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I'd leave that and let it become the tiny accent in the case or just hid it behind the back of the mobo

Refer to my answer for your GPU question. Just make sure to properly cover the io for the drive and you should be just fine.

Thanks a lot guys, I was very unsure and you helped me out.

-SNIP-

I'd wrap it in vinyl than actually paint it since it will be less work and not void the warranty if your worried about that. If you do want to paint it I'd remove what I think is a sticker on the front and use something like plasti-dip or spray paint from Rustoleum or Krylon, just be sure t mask off the connectors and make cut lines if you use plasti-dip before removing the masking.

Look what @Enderman did in his build log "White Heaven" wich is basically wrapping it in white vinyl foil it looks baller at least on his build :D im prop going to do that to but im not sure :D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]