PSU puts out power without anything plugged in?

Whetski
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

short the green and any black wire

that will make it always on

I have sort of an uncommon question here.  My friend and I are creating a 3D printer and I have a spare Corsair AX650 we would like to use to power it.  Since we will probably not be using all of the outputs on the PSU, we were wondering if it would output power even without anything plugged into it.  I know some PSU's will refuse to operate if the ATX connector is not plugged in.  There are ways to modify the PSU so that it will do what we want but I would rather not since this is a moderately expensive PSU that I would rather keep in original condition in case I want to use it for something else.  My multimeter is....on vacation at to moment, so any feedback would be appreciated.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Dang it!  I knew this already.  Don't know why I didn't think of it.  Thanks!

this.

you can buy a plug or switch that does this for a few dollars