Anyone in So Cal who's good with rigid tubing?

Go to solution Solved by atoff,

Ended up going with fittings for the difficult short runs.  It would have been impossible to get those bends so close.  I'm just waiting on some more parts for the other one going to the CPU.  A couple of telescoping fittings + 45deg and 90deg elbows should take care of it. 

1beeI3v.jpg

So, I've been trying to get these bends done the past few days, but it's not been going well.  I have fractures in my back, so I can't stand up for more than about 5 mins without being in incredible pain, and it's been hurting like a bitch trying to work on this.  It feels like I'm never going to get this done, and I keep messing up these awkward bends.   I'd rather pay someone to help me out with this.  I only need 2 short runs done, and I can do the others.  One from my pump to GPU, one from the pump to CPU.  It's like a 15mm tube each.   I'm in Riverside specifically.  I have the PETG tubing.   Please let me know if you can help me out with this, and how much you charge.

Here's a pic of the bends needed.

post-197477-0-42641200-1433883461_thumb.

i can't help but here's a video on paul and jay doing it. 

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

i can't help but here's a video on paul and jay doing it. 

Seen the vid, but thanks.  If my back wasn't messed up I wouldn't have a problem, I'd just keep attempting.  But after spending a good hour trying to get the one tube cleanly bent, my back is in a brutal amount of pain.  I tried yesterday and the day before as well, and failed.  

Also, I see with that one funky bent tube, they gave up and went with fittings. ;)

I too can't help as I am in the UK, otherwise I would lend a hand bud...

Just taking a look at your screenie though, the plan for your loop looks to be teenie tiny.

Considering you have already purchased the hard tubing & fittings I know its probably off the table but... Have you considered soft tubing like Primochill 19/13mm clear?

No bending involved and over the distance in your screen shots the tubing would easily support itself without drooping.

D,

I too can't help as I am in the UK, otherwise I would lend a hand bud...

Just taking a look at your screenie though, the plan for your loop looks to be teenie tiny.

Considering you have already purchased the hard tubing & fittings I know its probably off the table but... Have you considered soft tubing like Primochill 19/13mm clear?

No bending involved and over the distance in your screen shots the tubing would easily support itself without drooping.

D,

Really is teeny tiny!  But I really want rigid tubing.  I'm OCD about things being straight.  I'm sure the soft tubing would look good, and if it comes to it, I might have to go that route, but it can't be too difficult to get this done with rigid tubing.   I'm even looking at fittings, but not sure what would work in such a tight space.

I also have 4 tubes that will be much longer runs.  One from my bottom rad to GPU, bottom rad to top rad, top rad to CPU.  

Just buy extra tubing even pros doing free hand waste tubing. Performance pc sells a kit thay might help u if u willing to spend extra money

Http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-hardline-pro-bender-kit-3-8-x-1-2-13mm.html

P.s they have 2 different sizes of the kit

Thanks, I've actually 3D printed my own mandrels that I threw together in Solidworks though:

post-197477-0-06361600-1433892629_thumb.

So, I have an idea that would make things kind of easy.  If I could have this small res made, for the pump to GPU, I wouldn't need to make those tight bends, and I could still have the nice and clean straight lines with the rigid tubing.  

But I have no idea how to have this made.  I could 3D print it, but I wouldn't trust it to be leak proof.  Even if I used a material like acetal.  

post-197477-0-19195900-1433904129_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going with fittings for the difficult short runs.  It would have been impossible to get those bends so close.  I'm just waiting on some more parts for the other one going to the CPU.  A couple of telescoping fittings + 45deg and 90deg elbows should take care of it. 

1beeI3v.jpg