GPU parallel loop question.

Hey,

I wanna go for a parallel gpu config, and I got a question whether or not it would work properly:

1st GPU inlet => 1st GPU outlets => 2nd GPU inlets => 2nd GPU outlet to radiator, 2nd GPU oulet to drain system.

I check the benefits from this kind of config, but I wanna know if the drain system won't be a problem.

I think it won't because it will create an "ultimate" resistance for the water, which means it will go threw the other outlet that goes to the radiator, but I don't have infused science so ...

Any help ? =)

PS: Both GPUs have the same block.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Little schematic plz?

As I understand it, you are concerned about the stagnant water from the second gpu outlet to your (hopefully) closed drain system?

@IhazHedont : Follow your topics :P

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Here is a scheme:

7eP5bqd.jpg

And your question is right, I wonder if the drain system won't be too much restrictive for the loop. Unfortunatly, my second GPU is my lowest organ in the system, that's why I want to drain from here.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

@IhazHedont

Unless I'm missing something on first glance, a loop like that wouldn't work well at all. The water would just rush straight through on the right side (least resistance) and not go through the blocks to cool the GPUs at all.

You'd have to move the top outlet on GPU #1 to the left port, so the water has to go through the block to get out, not just pass straight through the ports. And when you use 2 identical GPU blocks (otherwise don't even bother with parallel!), resistance should be be equal, and water should "divide up" and each half go through one particular block before exiting.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Yes you're right, the plug should be on the right, and the inlet should be on the left.

Is it correct now ?

A9C1pid.jpg

Also, do you have any comment regarding the drain ?

Edit:

My idea would be to have this with the drain system on the left outlet of the #2 GPU, is it possible ?

cnt-vd_parallel.gif

Should work, yes.

But are you sure the GPU is the lowest part of the loop (not only counting the obvious components like blocks, res, pump and rad but also of the whole tubing, etc.)? In my loop the lowest part is actually a section of tubing - and I put a T-connection in there, with one end being a dead end with a valve (and an additional plug just to be safe).

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Unfortunatly yes ... I got a Corsair Air 540.

During my first build, I set my front radiator upside down to get the lowest point on it. But in this case, the HDD brackets was really, really a problem, and I couldn't fit any drain.

I set the radiator position back, therefore my second CGU is the lowest point.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Just for info, the blocks I bought for my cards have an In and Out on the ports. Mine are Alphacool m02, which are not exactly full face cover blocks, and may flow differently than yours. I set them up in parallel like your saying, directly after I put the waterblocks on for the first time. Bought the extra fittings to put it in parallel, it looked awesome and the flow was great. After 5 seconds on a Aida GPU stability test, the cards got to 80c.

In conclusion, extra flow does nothing without suction. I thought I put the waterblocks on horribly. But after setting it up with only one flow through the gpus, I am hitting 45c over clocked.

Thanks for the input.

I have 2 EK FC Titan, and according to EK user manual, all ports can be used as inlets or outlets.

Then I believe this setup is fine right ? =)

Last question: does the drain need a particular orientation ?

I mean, if I just put a male/male adapter in the #2 GPU, and fit the drain instead of using a male/female + 90° adapter, then I fit the drain, is it ok ?

Drain orientation doesn't matter as long as it's either horizontal or pointing down.

Make sure you have an air port at the highest point of your loop.  Air has to replace the water that's draining out or else it won't drain properly.  Easiest thing is to have a T fitting that's capped off.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Drain orientation doesn't matter as long as it's either horizontal or pointing down.

Make sure you have an air port at the highest point of your loop.  Air has to replace the water that's draining out or else it won't drain properly.  Easiest thing is to have a T fitting that's capped off.

Okay thanks, my highest point is actually my first radiator. I always open it when I've to drain.

I might buy this system very soon, I'll post some photos.