Best earbuds for gaming?

slifer

So I'm looking for earbuds for gaming.. it's going to be summer soon and I dont want to wear my big bulky headphones while im gaming, so I want something more relaxing and won't make my ears sweat. So I play a lot of FPS so surround audio would be best, and would love to stay under/around $100. Mic or no mic doesn't matter

Earbuds are a lot of personal preference. Since I cannot suggest "one-size-fits-all" earbuds, and most importantly because i-ears are quite hard to get used to I'm gonna recommend you one of the very best earbuds money can buy. Yes they are in-ear but if you still dont have one, this should be your fist option because they are almost unbeatable in price / performance, sound quality, sound staging, and comfort.

Introducing the Shure SE215:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B004PNZFZ8

If you are on a budget then you definitely want to have this ones in mind:

Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Bear in mind also that in-depth reviews of in-ears deal a lot with "alien" sound concepts like warm mids, muddy basses, neutral tone midranges, and audiophile slang that maybe would mean nothing to you or help you decide at all. But I would say that if you pick one of the three presented here in my post, you would be good to go.

I'm the greatest, everyone else is trash.

Earbuds are a lot of personal preference. Since I cannot suggest "one-size-fits-all" earbuds, and most importantly because i-ears are quite hard to get used to I'm gonna recommend you one of the very best earbuds money can buy. Yes they are in-ear but if you still dont have one, this should be your fist option because they are almost unbeatable in price / performance, sound quality, sound staging, and most importantly comfort.

Introducing the Shure SE215:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B004PNZFZ8

If you are on a budget then you definitely want to have this ones in mind:

Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Do you own your own pair of earbuds? And which one do you use?

Yes I do own in-ears and earbuds since I tried standard cans like you, and since I was an early adopter of apple earbuds, I just couldn't make the switch and stand the sweat, the grip around head, and everything. Actually I use the Sony XBA-40 that I found ebaying at bargain tag from a crazy Russian that sold them 1/3 of the retail price. I'm pretty sure they are not what are you looking for here. Also I do personally have the Shure, the Xiaomi 3.0 and the Apple's.

1.jpg

And talking about apple, earbuds from apple are universally regarded as the only thing that apple did it right at a right price. If you can grab one of those it would be another very good option, specially if they are your firsts and you aren't sure if in-ear will finally grow on you. (Because in-ear goes completly inside your ear in order to sound right) where earbuds just hangs out of the ear and thats all (they are more comfortable for extended periods).

Apple-EarPods-iphone5.jpg

Yes I do own in-ears and earbuds since I tried standard cans like you, and since I was an early adopter of apple earbuds, I just couldn't make the switch and stand the sweat, the grip around head, and everything. Actually I use the Sony XBA-40 that I found ebaying at bargain tag from a crazy Russian that sold them 1/3 of the retail price. I'm pretty sure they are not what are you looking for here. Also I do personally have the Shure, the Xiaomi 3.0 and the Apple's.

1.jpg

And talking about apple, earbuds from apple are universally regarded as the only thing that apple did it right at a right price. If you can grab one of those it would be another very good option, specially if they are your firsts and you aren't sure if in-ear will finally grow on you. (Because in-ear goes completly inside your ear in order to sound right) where earbuds just hangs out of the ear and thats all (they are more comfortable for extended periods).

Apple-EarPods-iphone5.jpg

I actually already have the apple earpods, and find that they're fine but I was looking to see if there are better solutions to gaming. How are the pistons 3? Would you recommend them to others? Or should I go straight to shure when its on sale?

The shures are the most comfortable of the three for me. The 215 sounds pretty good, and it's a great value for the price, if you consider the sound alongside the build quality, isolation, and the fact that you can replace the cable if it breaks. I own the SE535, and I've had a decent amount of time with the 215 blue edition. The blues are more expensive, but they are supposed to have just a little more bass than the regular, which may be preferable for you.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yeah if you can grab the Shures 215 go for it, they hold universal acclaim because they do everything good and they do it at a fraction of anything else.

Shures 215 which is really a good with sound isolating and good choice with earbuds.